Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: McD's changes $1 menu
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, '12, 2:04 am 
McDonald's restaurants are taking the small fries and small drinks off their $1 menu's and replacing them with cookies and ice cream cones.

http://now.msn.com/money/0310-mcdonalds-value.aspx

I don't know but I would think these small fries and small drinks were popular items on the $1.00 menu and will be greatly missed.

You have to wonder if this was a smart move or not.

Post subject: Re: McD's changes $1 menu
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, '12, 9:11 am 
Never have this sort of offer in France unfortunately... seems very interesting for only one dollar ! But small fries and small drinks seemed to be be better that their replacements...:(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, '12, 9:29 am 
Yeah, I have to agree with Myau. Fries and drinks strike me as better sellers than cookies and ice cream. I know I'd be more inclined to buy the old options than the new.

That "extra value" menu thing the article talks about is just insulting. Trying to trick customers by labeling a product as "extra" when you're not actually changing the value or price... it's underhanded, to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, '12, 11:58 am 
Must go to the Mc Do this evening ! Or maybe Domino's pizza ? I don't know...
I'm not really into ice creams at Mc do so...only base menu is sufficient as I'm not a "big eater" (far from it !!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, '12, 1:48 am 
I miss the days when McD had hamburgers for BRL 0.79 (~US$0.3 at the time, as BRL value was lower) and cheeseburgers for BRL 0.99 (~US$ 0.4). Now they cost around US$ 2.5, and small fries and small drinks even more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, '12, 9:08 pm 
All the mprices are increasing on these hard times, alas... :( Mc DO is the same...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, '12, 1:23 am 
Here in Brazil the prices are always rising because people here never think about the strategy of selling with a lower profit margin in order to sell more and profit more in the end. They always want to sell the things with the highest margin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, '12, 10:09 am 
I think that Brazil is unfortunately not the only country to do that... margin is today's wishes...

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]