Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: May I have this dance?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 1, '15, 1:14 am 
I have been working with this guy for well over a year now, he's leading a few people making a fangame (Not PS related) and asked me to make music for him, originals AND remixes. Since his game is (among other things) a homage to Sega's old school RPGs, there are themes from a few Sega games in there, namely a few of my PS remixes.

Lately I have been making exclusive originals for him, something I am not used to. For the last 10 years or so, I almost exclusively kept myself busy with remixes and not much else. Anyways, this morning he asked me if I could work with the PSIII Orakian Waltz. As you probably know, this is a song that was rarely (ever?) remixed and the only available versions of this song are the game rips and the orchestral cover Sega made. My buddy asked me if I could write a loopable version. I have never written a waltz. I have never worked with anything else than 4/4, this was my first foray into the 3/4 universe.

And it ain't too bad for a first draft!

Who knows, this could end up as a full remix!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 1, '15, 2:23 am 
impressive. very impressive. Scores above the original annoying tune.

as a prank you should throw in the part where the song shifts and the dragon comes in and abducts the Princess.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 1, '15, 2:50 am 
Tee hee.

I've actually been working on a remix of that song (the abduction) for what... two years now. It's a beast of a remix and it's nowhere done.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 1, '15, 4:16 am 
Cool stuff, very elegant. On a side note, I can't believe this is the first thing you've done in 3/4, that's crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 1, '15, 3:19 pm 
Version two: the revenge.

Twice as long, more spread in the instruments, better instruments, some stereo/panning added, some mastering applied.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, '15, 6:46 pm 
A little update. This song is not being nice to me.

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]