Mass Effect

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Mass Effect

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 21, '07, 4:22 am

Anyone looking forward to this upcoming Xbox360 game? I've been seeing a lot of commercials for that I've ignored, but when flipping through the TV channels tonight I came across a special about it on Sci-Fi channel. I've not heard a lot about the game, but it's beginning to look impressive from this. It almost makes me want to get a 360. ;)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Nov 21, '07, 4:47 am

What's it about? It sounds like those random internet games you can find.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby LordShibas » Wed Nov 21, '07, 6:19 pm

It does look interesting, but I don't think I'll be getting it any time soon. I hear it's kind of a mix of KOTOR and Jade Empire. I never played KOTOR, and I thought Jade Empire was terrible. It's a pretty text heavy game, which doesn't bother me, but I just don't see it as a must buy right now, like Crysis and King of Fighters XI were.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Neithird » Wed Nov 21, '07, 8:42 pm

If I ever get a Xbox, I may try to find a copy of this. The promise of having your decisions affect the rest of the game and so many huge areas to explore sounds good. I heard it took Bioware 4 years to make the game, so it should be a really immersing experience.

SparkyIII wrote:What's it about? It sounds like those random internet games you can find.

It's a science fiction space opera kind thing. Sort of like a combination of Star Trek, Star Wars, and Terminator. Top of the line graphics and all that. It's supposed to be one of the most advanced games on the Xbox 360 so far.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 26, '07, 11:20 pm

LordShibas wrote:It does look interesting, but I don't think I'll be getting it any time soon. I hear it's kind of a mix of KOTOR and Jade Empire. I never played KOTOR, and I thought Jade Empire was terrible. It's a pretty text heavy game, which doesn't bother me, but I just don't see it as a must buy right now, like Crysis and King of Fighters XI were.

Interesting, I actually hadn't heard about it being very text heavy. That makes sense from other things I've heard, but I've only seen combat and voice acted clips. Those clips were probably just cutscenes, I suppose, which makes me wonder what the non-combat actual game play looks like.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to General Gaming