Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Postby MrKite » Tue Feb 15, '11, 4:26 pm

I'm mad The Punisher's not in it.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Thoul » Tue Feb 15, '11, 5:07 pm

I was kind of surprised he was left out at first, but I think it's to avoid duplication. They already have other characters who are using a lot of firearms, which would be Punisher's main method of attacking.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Feb 15, '11, 8:40 pm

MrKite wrote:I'm mad The Punisher's not in it.

Who knows? Maybe he'll join the roster as dlc someday, hopefully with Green Goblin or Carnage...
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Feb 15, '11, 10:06 pm

Found an interesting article on this game:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... titialskip

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Feb 16, '11, 3:59 am

Lots of new info today. First off, Capcom wants you to vote for DLC characters, so if your favorite character isn't in the game, now is the time to make your voices heard (I'm rooting for you X!)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/ ... ters-mvc3/

Secondly, Capcom announced that a pack of DLC costumes will be released on March 1, priced at $5/400 MSP. They look fantastic, and Ryu's costume is a nice throwback to the first Street Fighter.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/ ... -trailers/

And last but not least, Jill and Shuma will also be $5 when they become available.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/ ... rath-mvc3/

This isn't a big deal for me since I already have the special edition, but still, I think $10 for 2 characters is kind of pricey, especially for a $60 game Anyway, I'll have to post my thoughts on MvC3 tomorrow.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Wed Feb 16, '11, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Lucas » Wed Feb 16, '11, 7:20 am

SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote:Lots of new info today. First off, Capcom wants you to vote for DLC characters, so if your favorite character isn't in the game, now is the time to make your voices heard (I'm rooting for you X!)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/ ... ters-mvc3/

Interesting maybe I should jump on and get some support for Blackheart, to become DLC.

Also, doesn’t this trailer just give you goosebumps?

Finally last night the Australian video game show Good Game did a review on Marvel vs. Capcom 3. You can watch their review video here:
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame/video ... ml&item=03

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Feb 16, '11, 3:13 pm

My main concern is this...for me, is Ammy a good enough to get this game? Because if I ever do play this game, Ammy will be the sole reason.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Thu Feb 17, '11, 8:23 am

I still haven’t had the chance to play my copy just yet. But from her trailer her moves and everything seem very faithful to the ones she has in Õkami. She seems to have all her divine weapons too. I also love the fact when she runs she still makes flowers and grass pop up behind her in this too. And just remember that you must chose a team of three fighters in this game.

Maybe looking at this will help you decide CW :):

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Feb 17, '11, 2:23 pm

Awesome. Does seem pretty faithful! And 'The Sun Rises' sure makes for an interesting dance mix. ;)
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby MrKite » Fri Feb 18, '11, 1:31 am

I got my copy today. My first impression:

PROS:
1.The graphics are damn nice!
2.Not only is Zero in it, but Haggar AND Arthur!
3.Dan "Roy Fokker" Woren plays Arthur
4.Haggar has a really cool ending! (he's the only character I beat it with so far)
5.The final battle in arcade mode is a good, and very hard challenge

CONS:
1.The Punisher's not in it. Instead we get a boring character like X-23, whoever the heck she is.
2.The play control for when you want to switch characters is pretty stiff. Sometimes when I hold right and press L1 or R1 to switch, it sends the character out to assist instead of completely switch to the character
3.The difficulty is a little unbalanced
4.The game is too short
5.No Survival Mode. This sucks, because playing arcade mode all the time is boring, and I like to keep playing until I get defeated like in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
6.Not enough characters
7."Spencer".... *shudder* I still can't believe they used this version of him instead of his design for the NES game. I hate hate hate hate hate how they redesigned him for the new gen Bionic Commando games, and I HATE that he has an artificial arm in those games and this game. He didn't have an artificial arm in the original, and that's one of the big reasons I hate the new gen Bionic Commando games. New gen Spencer just makes me mad altogether. Thanks for mutilating my childhood! Oh well, at least I mopped the floor with his sorry butt to vent my frustration.
8.The music is pretty "meh"

Overall, I'm disappointed. I had high hopes.
Last edited by MrKite on Fri Feb 18, '11, 1:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming