Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Postby Lucas » Sat Dec 4, '10, 2:31 pm

Several Australian video games stores are now taking pre-orders for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 now. I gotta say a lot of you guys living in the US and other non-Australian countries are quite lucky when it comes to prices on your games. I'll be forking out $108.00 just for the standard edition of this game (as we don't get the collectors edition over here either :x ). I feel quite blessed when I can pick up a brand new game for about $60 over here, big difference when they are usually double that price. I nearly fainted when I picked up the “Collectors Edition” of Bayonetta this afternoon for only $34.95. :faint:

On a brighter note I’ve been looking forward to this game since April when I first heard the news so I'm not all annoyed with drawing out the money. There are quite a few characters I really want to try out, Ammy, Dormammu and Arthur for example. :wink: But hey could be worse.

http://www.game.com.au/marvel-vs-capcom ... -3/MVC3PS3

http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-151062-Ma ... yStation-3

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby MrKite » Sun Dec 5, '10, 1:15 pm

I wish they'd add Rad Spencer from Bionic Commando to an MvC or VS series game, but in his NES incarnation, not his incarnation from the overrated remake where he had an artificial arm, because he looks stupid, plus he didn't have an artificial arm in the NES version. He had two human arms. The bionic arm was an attachment for one of them.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Thoul » Sun Dec 5, '10, 8:22 pm

Maybe the NES version will be one of his skins. I think they would probably just use different colors instead of changing his arm to flesh and blood, but it's possible.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Fri Dec 10, '10, 5:24 am

Turns out the Crimson Viper rumour was true she has been confirmed alongside Storm as these months characters. I have never been a fan of C.Viper but I was happy to see Storm return. It's only natural considering she' been in the previous MVC games pretty much; and her and Wolverine and Magneto represent the X-men quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjEUtLRxuEE

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 10, '10, 10:44 am

Yeah, I kind of expected Storm to be in. She's one of Marvel's most well known females, so that was a given. From the video I saw of her gameplay, it looks like she'll be a powerful ranged fighter.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Wed Dec 22, '10, 12:19 am

Marvel made a blog post today showing off a few of the alternate costumes in the game. This article gives a better look at the Spider-Man costumes, plus a first look at Iron Man, She-Hulk, and Magneto's color schemes.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Thu Jan 6, '11, 10:08 am

An interesting video I found where Seth Killian talks about X-23. Overall she seems like a good rush down character. She also reminds me of Yatterman #2 (Ai-chan) From Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, due to the fact she constantly keeps the opponent on their toes thanks to constant unpredictable moves.

Also there is a rumour going around about the Green Goblin being a new character for this game. I've seen the blurry artwork screenshots. However there is evidence that it is in fact an image of the Green Goblin originally taken from a marvel comic book panel. Therefore it wasn't illustrated by Capcom. I'm not going to say weather it's real or not, I'll let Capcom decide on that.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 6, '11, 12:55 pm

The Goblin has been a major figure in Marvel storylines over the past few years, so I could see him being included. He would have some interesting moves if they utilized his typical weapons: pumpkin shaped bombs, ghost shaped smoke bombs, a jet glider with stabby bits, and laser shooting gloves.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Fri Jan 7, '11, 4:01 am

Destructoid has a new feature revealing the alternate modes for most of the characters announced so far. There is also a preview of the character select screen. Check them out here:
http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/pho ... key=190882

It seems Zero has an alternate mode that uses X's colors. I guess that means we can definitely discount X (and also Axl, one of the other color schemes). I noticed one of Dr. Doom's alternates uses his Doom 2099 colors. That kind of makes me wish Spider-Man 2099 had be available to use.

One interesting thing to note is that the above gallery - and the select screen - exclude the two new characters announced today: Mike Haggar from Final Fight and Marvel's Phoenix. Haggar looks like a good addition with a very different play style from some of the other characters. Instead of long range attacks, he gets up close and personal.

Phoenix is yet another character from the X-Men. She also has the interesting aspect of transforming into a villain version of herself - Dark Phoenix - if KOed with a full super bar. This is going to be one really difficult character to defeat!

With the reveals so far, that puts the X-Men franchise as contributing over a third of the Marvel roster. There are a lot of interesting X-Men characters, but now I'm rather hoping that this is the last from that franchise. Six is enough, don't you think?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 7, '11, 4:37 am

Good to see Haggar get in, he's definitely a great character. As for Phoenix she might just be the MvC3 version of “Gill” thanks to that resurrection move of hers. Interesting stuff. :hmm:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming