Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Postby Lucas » Thu Nov 18, '10, 5:10 am

SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote:You're absolutely right Lucas, the Capcom roster is nowhere near as good as the Marvel roster, though I do wish Venom or Carnage were in the game. Oh well, maybe as DLC along with X (I'm sorry if it sounds repetitive that I keep pointing this out, but I'm not forgiving Capcom for excluding him.) Anyway Lucas are you getting the special edition or just the regular?

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Venom appear again :wink: . He was one of my most used characters in the previous games. I'd also like Blackheart to return as well.

If I can get the special collectors edition I most likely will, but I don't know if it will come to Australia, otherwise the standard edition of the game is certain to hit my Aussie shores.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby MrKite » Thu Nov 18, '10, 6:48 am

Capcom didn't put X in, because X is a panzy. Seriously, Zero, Iris and Alia are really the only reason I even play the X series games. Other than that, classic series all the way, and I'm little more than really happy that Zero's in the game. Just as I was ready to pass on MvC3, they include him (Thank God). I'm glad X wasn't included. He'd be just the same as Classic Mega Man in MvC 1 and 2, only of course the different character.

EDIT:Also, Zero was supposed to be the main protagonist of the X series while it was in pre-production, but Capcom wanted Inafune and his development team to make the main character look more like the original Mega Man, and Zero was made the co-star instead.
Last edited by MrKite on Thu Nov 18, '10, 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Nov 21, '10, 5:14 pm

I'm sure if he was included, X would have some slightly different moves than Classic Megaman, but I guess he would be very similar in general. I can think of a good Hyper Combo for him though: he gains the Ultimate Armor and uses the Nova Strike (a powerful move in the X series). I do wish Axl, Vile, Protoman, or Sigma were also in the game.

On a side note to anyone who wants the Special Edition: unfortunately, for a lot of people, it's a North American exclusive, and it won't be produced in large quantities. Capcom says you should preorder it while you still can (so I'm preordering it today).
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Lucas » Tue Nov 23, '10, 4:52 am

SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote:On a side note to anyone who wants the Special Edition: unfortunately, for a lot of people, it's a North American exclusive, and it won't be produced in large quantities. Capcom says you should preorder it while you still can (so I'm preordering it today).

What a surprise, should have expected it living in a PAL region country. Oh well as long as I can a least get the standard edition I’ll be happy.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Nov 23, '10, 5:38 am

Anyone hear of that License Card thing?
http://www.411mania.com/games/news/1628 ... tailed.htm

Sounds interesting, but my card won't be impressive at all, I'll probably be ranked amateur for quite a while :p
Gonna have to start playing MVC2 for some hype (though I'll probably lose 95% of the online matches, cause I'm still a noob at that game even after so much practice :lol:)
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 30, '10, 8:35 pm

I've heard very little about the license cards. I've only seen it barely covered in a couple of articles with very little details. It does sound like a neat way to gauge an opponent, but mine will be quite limited. My 360 has never even been online, so... :lol:

Today, andriasang has a new article summarizing a Famitsu interview with the game's producer. Some of the key points:
  • There are about 10 characters still unannounced.
  • Amaterasu from Okami was the most difficult character to recreate in MvC3.
  • For Capcom characters, there's a focus on games from the past ten years. MvC2 returning characters are there to balance them out.
  • Marvel didn't agree with some of Capcom's picks for the the Marvel characters. The two companies have been in negotiations for years.
  • Characters from Capcom's Monster Hunter series (currently popular in Japan) won't be in.
  • There's a lot of work put into the music.
  • Six player network battles were considered, but dropped due to network problems.

So there are still a lot of characters yet to come in. Maybe X will make it in yet! If nothing else, maybe they'll use classic Mega Man and have X as an alternate skin for him. Spider-man has some skins that are very different from his base costume this time around, so it's possible.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Tue Nov 30, '10, 10:18 pm

Thoul wrote:So there are still a lot of characters yet to come in. Maybe X will make it in yet! If nothing else, maybe they'll use classic Mega Man and have X as an alternate skin for him. Spider-man has some skins that are very different from his base costume this time around, so it's possible.

X does have a slight chance, but seeing how the roster focuses on more recent games, I'm guessing it will be Megaman EXE or the one from Star Force, and I absolutely hope Capcom doesn't include them. If it's not one of those two, then it will probably be either Classic Megaman or ZX.

Anyway, I thought I'd note that Zero actually does have a color scheme that makes him look like X, so even if X doesn't make the cut, at least you can make Zero look similar to him. And speaking of Spidey's skins, does he have the black costume by any chance?
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Tue Nov 30, '10, 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 30, '10, 10:36 pm

Yeah, they're giving Spidey actual costume skins instead of just color swaps. They included the standard red and blue, the classic black and white one, plus a new black and green one he's supposed to be getting in the comics soon. There's also the Iron Spider suit, which is based on Iron Man's colors.

Here's a Kotaku article from a couple of months ago if you'd like a peek at them:
http://kotaku.com/5659541/spider+man-co ... rs-in-mvc3
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Dec 1, '10, 6:26 am

Looks like I might be making Spiderman one of my mains, the black suit (the original) is EPIC. The new black suit isn't that bad either. I never really liked the Iron suit though, but I'll probably use it more than classic Spidey, because I don't really like using a character's default color scheme/costume in fighting games.

Today's a sad day for Strider fans. Unfortunately, he won't be appearing this time around: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/ ... -capcom-3/

Also, Capcom will be holding some weird "Food Fight" thing in LA on December 11. Do not bother asking me what the heck that is, I'm totally confused about the concept: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/ ... -fight-la/
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Lucas » Wed Dec 1, '10, 7:36 am

SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote:Today's a sad day for Strider fans. Unfortunately, he won't be appearing this time around: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/nov/ ... -capcom-3/

That's a crying shame, both Strider and Captain Commando were pretty essential characters in the verses series on Capcom's part. Maybe we might still see Capitan Commando if we're lucky. I could imagine a team up or rivalry between him and Captain America.

I also quite like the Spider-man re-skins too, especially the black one. I also noticed in a gameplay video (the one below) one of Tron's costumes mimics Roll’s outfit from MegaMan legends. I wonder what they will come up with to give Dormammu. :wink:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming