Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Jan 7, '11, 8:33 pm

I'm really liking the alternate colors, especially Zero's X and Axl alternates. Looks like Bass won't be in either since that's one of Zero's other colors.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 8, '11, 6:59 pm

Oh, so the other one is Bass? I thought it looked familiar, but I couldn't place it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 14, '11, 11:12 am

I really hope the following images are not fakes. But the artwork one looks almost certain. If so, the marvel characters better watch themselves, they’re up against someone who has been fighting his whole life. Man Akuma is awesome. Really keen for this game.
Attachments
13_akumamvc3.jpg
13_akumamvc3.jpg (62.18 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
MVC3-Akuma.jpg
MVC3-Akuma.jpg (49.38 KiB) Viewed 2658 times

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Darkil » Fri Jan 14, '11, 11:44 pm

I for one cannot wait to get my hands on this game! I am completely excited to have Akuma and Magneto on the same team[instead of one of them being a "helper" which was useless]!
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Jan 15, '11, 3:31 am

If Akuma is in this game, it'll be completely epic. Him and Zero will definitely be my mains. Still haven't decided who the 3rd member will be, maybe Arthur or Deadpool.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 17, '11, 7:27 pm

It's official, Akuma is in the game.

Also, there might be a boss fight shown in this video. Around 50 seconds in, Akuma is fighting Dr. Doom. The catch is that this Doom uses different colors than his four playable skins. So it seems like some characters might have additional skins used to make them into boss fights.

Marvel's character in this round of reveals is Taskmaster. His gimmick in the comics is copying the movies of other characters. He carries a sword, shield, and bow in this game. Somehow, I think we can expect him to share a few moves with Captain America at least.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Mon Jan 17, '11, 9:49 pm

Simply fantastic, this has made my day. I must admit I doubted Capcom would included him due to the fact in certain ways he is similar to Ryu, but there he is. :hyper:
I heard a bit about Taskmaster too apparently both him and Akuma are the unlockable characters.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 28, '11, 1:53 am

Well it appears the last of the characters (at this stage) have been revealed. Both Sentinel for Marvel and Hsien-Ko for Capcom. Watching Hsien-Ko's game play brought back some really good memories of the Darkstalkers games. Gotta love a hopping corpse that throws random sharp objects. :D

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Thoul » Fri Jan 28, '11, 7:29 pm

I think Sentinel was in one of the previous MvC games. I hadn't thought of it returning for this one, but that should have been expected. Still, it's another X-Men character. They might as well rename this one to X-Men vs Capcom. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Sun Jan 30, '11, 9:51 am

Thoul wrote:I think Sentinel was in one of the previous MvC games. I hadn't thought of it returning for this one, but that should have been expected. Still, it's another X-Men character. They might as well rename this one to X-Men vs Capcom. :lol:

Totally agree with the X-men vs. Capcom thing :lol: . Obviously Capcom felt most the characters from that Marvel series would be really effective in the game. Can't say I'm a huge fan of Sentinel though even in the previous instalments. But hey I do love his robotic voice reminds me of a transformer talking. :wink:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming