Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Postby Lucas » Sat Oct 9, '10, 2:51 am

Here is Tron Bonne's trailer she actually appeared in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as well. Kind of funny that Capcom chose her over Megaman; considering there seemed to be more demand for Megaman to be included in this game.
Also Marvel got their first female fighter X-23.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 9, '10, 2:59 am

I'm surprised X-23 is the only Marvel female announced so far. She'll probably be a copy of Wolverine in gameplay, at least some extent.

Since the last update, there have been several other new characters announced, too. Spider-Man, Spencer from Bionic Commando, Magneto, Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins, and M.O.D.O.K. Did I forget any? I think there was another one.

Arthur looks like he'd be fun. He has the advantage of being small, which will make him harder to hit, and an armor on/off feature like Samus in Smash Bros. Brawl.

M.O.D.O.K, on the other hand, looks huge. Capcom is really using a variety of Marvel's villains in this game. It should make for some really interesting matches.

Spencer reminds me of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. He even has the same "Get over here" line. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Mon Oct 11, '10, 8:30 am

Having Arthur in this game is so cool. He's so gonna be one of my main characters, he even runs how he does in Ghoul's and Ghosts with like one leg up in the air, and he's really short too. Excellent stuff on Capcom's part. :clap:

Here's a link with the other characters that Thoul mentioned:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/oct/ ... -capcom-3/

I must admit I’m not a very big fan of MODOK his head is too big for my liking, well actually he pretty much is a head now that I think about it. :lol:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Nov 15, '10, 9:45 pm

2 more characters have been confirmed: She-Hulk and Zero.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WYE28WP9iI0
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dGbo4Y3tAuM

I never really liked She-Hulk, but hey, it's another female Marvel character so I guess I can't complain.

Zero's inclusion on the other hand, got me VERY upset. Megaman X was a character many people wanted in this game and Capcom neglected him (and his fans) once again just to include Zero in ANOTHER fighting game. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Zero, but I always loved X too and he really should've been in MVC3. Also, Zero is one of the MANY characters who have been "copied and pasted" from Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

I don't think the roster has been very good so far, with few exceptions. And it doesn't seem like it'll get much better, as I think only 3-4 characters still need to be revealed. I've decided that I'm probably gonna pass on this one and, like I said earlier, just stick with Mortal Kombat 9 and KOF XIII, assuming they're released around the same time as MVC3. Sorry if this post sounded harsh, I haven't been very optimistic of this game for quite a while.

On a side note, this isn't much of a problem, but it seems Lucas Gilbertson is no longer voicing Zero. A bit of a shame cause I enjoyed his voice. It does sound kinda like him though
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 16, '10, 2:23 am

I rather expected Zero, though I am also disappointed that they're including him and not X. I'm not too sure about She-Hulk. IIRC, she's the first Marvel female to be confirmed. (Forgot about X-23. Shows how much I care about that one. :lol:) She might make a popular addition to the roster.
Last edited by Thoul on Tue Nov 16, '10, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Tue Nov 16, '10, 8:30 am

There was a leak about She-Hulk being in the game a near good two months ago now. If this leak is proved to be true the next Marvel females should be either Ms. Marvel or Spider-woman. At least x-23 has another female fighter on her side now. I'm must say I am kind of disappointed with a lot of the Capcom choices but, the Marvel side is quite impressive in my opinion.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Lucas » Tue Nov 16, '10, 8:53 am

Just another update: Fighters Generation has revealed to me that Jill Valentine and Shuma-Gorath have both been confirmed as DLC for this game and also come in the special collectors edition of MVC3 when pre-ordered. I'm real happy to see Shuma-Gorath back in the game. ;)

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... usFeatures
Last edited by Lucas on Tue Nov 16, '10, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Nov 17, '10, 12:50 am

I just found out that Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be released on February 15, 2011.

http://mmomfg.com/2010/11/16/marvel-vs- ... date-1116/

This was a bit sooner than I expected, and I'm pretty exited to see Jill and Shuma as DLC. It does give give some characters like Megaman X or Carnage (I wanted him in the roster for some reason ^^) a chance to make it into the game someday.

I'm probably gonna get the special edition now, I do need another Capcom fighter to play...
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 17, '10, 4:17 am

I'm not a big fan of characters being available only as DLC. I suppose it's good, in that it allows the addition of more characters to the game later, but I just prefer having everyone available from the start.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Nov 17, '10, 9:41 pm

I'm not a big fan of characters being available only as DLC. I suppose it's good, in that it allows the addition of more characters to the game later, but I just prefer having everyone available from the start.
True, but it's better than nothing, I guess.
I'm must say I am kind of disappointed with a lot of the Capcom choices but, the Marvel side is quite impressive in my opinion.
You're absolutely right Lucas, the Capcom roster is nowhere near as good as the Marvel roster, though I do wish Venom or Carnage were in the game. Oh well, maybe as DLC along with X (I'm sorry if it sounds repetitive that I keep pointing this out, but I'm not forgiving Capcom for excluding him.) Anyway Lucas are you getting the special edition or just the regular?
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming