Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Postby Lucas » Sun Aug 22, '10, 12:57 am

Thoul wrote: I doubt they'll announce everyone before the game comes out.

Yeah too true. :)

There is also a few rumours around about M.Bison joining the game as well. He was an effective character in the previous MVC games. He used to rival Magneto from X-Men.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Aug 23, '10, 12:42 am

All I gotta say is that X NEEDS to be in the game cause he's my favorite of all the incarnations of Megaman plus he seems more logical than Megaman EXE, ZX, or even the original. It's hard for me to believe that his partner Zero appeared in TWO fighting games and X himself hasn't appeared at all >_<
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 23, '10, 2:18 am

Hey, that's a great idea. Original Megaman or X should definitely make an appearance. I did notice some Megaman related imagery in the background of one stage, though I've forgotten which version it represented.

Has the original Mega Man ever been in a fighter? I can't recall seeing him in any.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Aug 23, '10, 2:46 am

Thoul wrote:Hey, that's a great idea. Original Megaman or X should definitely make an appearance. I did notice some Megaman related imagery in the background of one stage, though I've forgotten which version it represented.

Has the original Mega Man ever been in a fighter? I can't recall seeing him in any.

I think the stage you're referring to has Servbots from the Megaman Legends series
As for Megaman being in fighting games, he was in MVC 1&2, only X and the one from ZX have yet to be in a fighting game, but hopefully X enters the fray this time. Personally, I don't want the original again, since him and X are very similar, perhaps Bass, Protoman, or a classic boss could join him though
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 23, '10, 4:00 am

Hm, well, with the original in the last two games, I'm really pulling for X now as well. X has a great design with his blue and white armor. Hopefully we'll get to see him this time around.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Aug 23, '10, 4:08 am

Thoul wrote:Hm, well, with the original in the last two games, I'm really pulling for X now as well. X has a great design with his blue and white armor. Hopefully we'll get to see him this time around.

I'm hoping that you can equip his Ultimate Armor in a super combo. I'd love to PWN Spidey with a Nova Strike
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Sep 5, '10, 5:50 pm

Bad news, Seth Killian confirmed that X isn't in the game.
CAPCOM, YOU'RE NOT GETTING MY $60
:bang: :bang: :bang: :down: :bang: :down: :bang: :down: :down: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I really hope they change their mind, if not, I'll just stick with Mortal Kombat 9 and King of Fighters XIII when they come out
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Sun Sep 5, '10, 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 6, '10, 8:18 pm

That's too bad. There are always characters that won't make the cut in these games because of limited space. I still think there are some other greats in the game, though. :)
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Sep 6, '10, 9:58 pm

I'll still get it, but only when the price drops by $10-$20. Having X would have made it worth the $60 IMHO. Hopefully well get Sigma Axl or Vile instead.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 10, '10, 9:43 pm

A new character has been announced: Tron Bonne, from the Mega Man series. I think I saw her in a stage background, on a poster, in one of the earlier trailers. This announcement didn't come with any new gameplay footage, just a cinematic trailer highlight some of the characters. Maybe the next gameplay video released with have several new characters in it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming