Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, '11, 4:23 am 
After a 48 year run, Marvel's Uncanny X-Men comic book will end in October:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/201 ... mics_n.htm

Sad to see a comic end. :sad:

They had a very good run for 48 years though. :clap:

Anyone a fan of these comics?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, '11, 4:37 am 
Its sad indeed because until recently I started reading through this series of books. But like every book in history it has to come to a end some day, but in the end all we can do is wait for this comic to branch off into another one down the line.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, '11, 5:41 am 
I've got about 100 issues of this book from back in the day. I haven't been keeping up with it over the past few years, but I'm a bit sad to see it end for nostalgia's sake, if nothing else. I think Uncanny X-Men was, following the recently announced DC relaunch, the longest running comic that hadn't been cancelled or renumbered at some point.

Of course, there are a few other X-Men books going on now, so it's not like this is the end of the X-Men line. Uncanny will probably be back with a new #1 issue eventually.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, '11, 4:45 am 
And it looks like "eventually" will be a little sooner than I thought. Marvel announced today that they are launching a new X-Men series in October, followed by the "return" Uncanny X-Men #1 in November. I say return in quotes because they're not even skipping a month after the "cancellation" of the book, just resetting the number.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]