Halo 3 player on trial

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Halo 3 player on trial

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 16, '08, 9:28 pm

Here's a news story about a guy that wanted to play Halo 3. His parents wouldn't let him, due to the content and his age. They forbid him to buy the game, but he did anyway. The dad took the game anyway and locked up in a box. Sounds like reasonable responsible parenting so far right?

Sadly, the game was locked in a box with a gun. So when the kid "borrowed" the key to get the game, he also got the gun. You can probably guess what happened next. Now the kid is on trial for killing his mother and shooting his father.

http://www.cleveland.com/news/index.ssf ... ad_ov.html
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007/10 ... iller.html

Thoughts? Personally, I think they should lock this one up and throw away the key. They try to make him out to be innocent and not prone to violence, but there must be some screws seriously loose in his head.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Tue Dec 16, '08, 9:35 pm

Did you read this part at the end?

"Daniel's lawyer, James Kersey, gave a short opening statement. He said his client had been under great stress at the time of the shooting because of a snowboarding accident that resulted in a severe staph infection. It left Daniel with such severe spinal damage that the slightest injury could leave him paralyzed.

Daniel was homebound for a year with nothing to do but watch television and play video games, Kersey said. It was during that time that he became fascinated with the Halo series and would play them for hours at friends' houses. His father forbade the games, saying that were too violent and sexually explicit."

Puh-leeze >.>, They shouldn't even use that as a excuse for him being lazy. Everyone gets hurt, I've been hurt extremely bad myself. Sure I would sit and play games and watch tv but hell, the only way to get better is to get up and do something about it.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 16, '08, 10:55 pm

Yeah, they're trying everything they can to make him look like a honest person that's not at fault. And they're failing miserably.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to In the News