Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Man dies playing Wii Fit
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, '09, 6:18 pm 
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511500,00.html

Sad story. I don't think the "game", if you can call it that, or Nintendo could be sued for something like this, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, '09, 6:21 pm 
Sad yes, most definitely. Condolences to the family. And let the lawsuits commence. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, '09, 7:39 pm 
Woah. Even though I'm studying to be in the health field, I have never heard of SADS. I guess it was something that couldn't be prevented. That is rather tragic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, '09, 8:46 pm 
Lemina wrote:Woah. Even though I'm studying to be in the health field, I have never heard of SADS. I guess it was something that couldn't be prevented. That is rather tragic.

Coincidentally, sudden cardiac death is my specialty. In young people, it is often caused by a disorder of the heart muscle or its electrical system, or anomalous origin of the coronary arteries. With timely diagnosis and appropriate treatment, a significant proportion of these tragic deaths might be avoided.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, '09, 11:25 pm 
This is tragic, though certainly not Nintendo's fault. From the sound of it, it could have happened at any time. I won't be surprised if Wii games start coming with yet another medical warning in the future, though. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 1, '09, 12:38 am 
He died playing Wii fit? Pure coincidence I say. He could have died playing Pokemon all the same.

Man, that's how I wanna go. Clutching a game controller.

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]