Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, '07, 11:27 pm 
Are there any major, big name musical groups that have provided music for video games? I know a few games have scores by symphonies or orchestras, but what about rock bands or such? I'm mainly thinking of story based games here, not karaoke or similar where music is the main point of the game. Kind of like how some movies will have a song from a band here, one from another band there on their soundtracks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, '07, 6:16 pm 
I can't think of any offhand, but surely there must be one or two around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, '07, 7:01 pm 
There was a concert down here at some theater where a band was going to play all the best video game songs. It was pretty interesting but I didn't get to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, '07, 7:53 pm 
I remember Prince of Persia: Warrior Within featured a song or two by Godsmack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, '07, 3:16 am 
Quote:There was a concert down here at some theater where a band was going to play all the best video game songs. It was pretty interesting but I didn't get to go.

I've heard about a couple of things like that too, but I've never had the chance to go to one.

Quote:I remember Prince of Persia: Warrior Within featured a song or two by Godsmack.

Interesting, I didn't think there would actually be a game that did have a song from a big band. Prince of Persia does seem like something that would be a good fit for that.

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]