Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Postby Celeith » Mon Oct 5, '09, 3:58 am

Yes everyone you're hearing me.. Lunar has returned.. The Silver Star Story has returned on the PSP gaming system. From what I read and seen the graphics are extremely upgraded.. while keeping true to Lunars story.. Also what I read Gamearts, the original developers behind the game will be working on this project.

From one of the creators the game is going to stick true to the original Sega Saturn version.. I'm not 100% sure if this is true but the Sega Saturn version was extremely good. The game is going to be released stateside on or near the same date as the japanese release. The release date is December 08, 2009. I for one am excited about this remake.

Even if you can't read japanese just taking a look at the official website will get you pumped if you're a hardcore Lunar fan like I am.

http://gunghoworks.jp/game/lunar/index.html
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Re: Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Postby Darkil » Mon Oct 5, '09, 6:09 pm

Gah! This makes me want a PSP even more!

Edit : Even better is the fact this is a remake of the first game [which I dutifully bought on PS 1]. Curse you Kaoles for bringing this to my attention! :lol:
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Mon Oct 5, '09, 11:05 pm

It seems like the PSP gets all of the great remakes or reissues like this. One of these days I've got to get one... there are so many games I'd like to try for it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby PSP » Sat Oct 31, '09, 10:17 pm

Kaloes wrote:From one of the creators the game is going to stick true to the original Sega Saturn version..

Err, you mean Sega CD? If so, I'd be glad. The original Sega CD version was a bit darker than the remakes that came later (which, while I liked SSSC for Saturn/PSX, the later entries were horrible). Not to mention, the remake of Eternal Blue kinda ignored the changes from the remake of Lunar: The Silver Star and didn't make much sense unless you knew the original Sega CD version.

In any case, I'll check it out, but I'm a bit tired of the constant remakes of Lunar.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Tweeg » Mon Nov 2, '09, 5:30 am

I've got the original Lunar: SSS for Sega CD, can't imagine a remake being all that much better than the original. I mean come on, the original had voice acting in the cut scenes, that was revolutionary in a 16-bit game to have voice acting. And it has that nifty anime stylized intro complete with catchy theme song.

Granted, I've never played the PSX/SS remakes of either original Lunar games though. But the DS game was rather, blah.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Erpy » Mon Nov 2, '09, 12:14 pm

The DS game was Lunar: Dragon Song, no? It wasn't an incarnation of the Silver Star Story. (and it was indeed met with negative response)

I possess the PSX version and it was a truly a great RPG. The Saturn/PSX versions (Silver Star Story instead of Silver Star) had several changes in the story, presenting more dialogue, more characterisation, additional characters and removal of some of the more "random" elements in the story. Oh, and the PSX version I have also came with hardcover manual, soundtrack CD and cloth map. That and Working Designs' decision to only release a limited amount of copies of the game make it both rare and outragously expensive on eBay. So I'm not opposed to another incarnation of the first Lunar, seeing Lunar Legend for the GBA wasn't nearly as good as the PSX version.
Erpy
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 26

Postby PSP » Wed Nov 11, '09, 3:05 am

Erpy wrote:...more characterisation, additional characters and removal of some of the more "random" elements in the story.

While the heroes definitely got more characterization, I felt the main villain took a nose dive into "2D land." He felt very flat.

Though, what are the 'random' elements you were talking about?

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby Schala Zeal » Thu Nov 12, '09, 6:28 pm

Kaloes wrote:From one of the creators the game is going to stick true to the original Sega Saturn version.. I'm not 100% sure if this is true but the Sega Saturn version was extremely good. The game is going to be released stateside on or near the same date as the japanese release. The release date is December 08, 2009. I for one am excited about this remake.

A remake of the Sega CD version, you mean? I've always wanted to play that version-- I've played both the PSX version and the the GBA version, but I never got the chance to play the Sega CD version. Wow, the more I think about this remake, the more I want it!~
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Celeith » Mon Jan 25, '10, 12:10 am

The English demo has been released on the PSN.. I just downloaded it and I'm loving it. They kept the battle system the same way from the original PS1 version, with a bit of a 3d upgrade.. The new voices... I'm getting use to them.. Won't ever replace the old characters voices in my heart but the new ones are getting to me...

I urge anyone who has a PSP and who loves Lunar to download the demo and give it a playthrough.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Return to General Gaming