Capcom vs SNK 2 --Any great game of that calibre today?

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Capcom vs SNK 2 --Any great game of that calibre today?

Postby Zio_Falz » Sun Nov 16, '14, 3:12 am

I loved that game. The last greatest fighting game I played was Capcom vs SNK 2: I adored it. sadly, Street Fighter 4 disappointed, as did the Capcom vs SNK 3 or whatever it was called. come to think of it, I havent enjoyed any King of Fighters or Street Fighter since. Maybe Guilty Gear 2 was okay back then, but C vs SNK2 was the best in my eyes.

however, I have been hoping to experience gameplay like that again, but instead with Hokuto No Ken chars (what snobs like me call Fist of the North Star) or even, a great fighting game with characters from at least the first 3 series of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters.

Do any such great fighting games of this calibre exist?

i honestly have been out of gaming since that 2001-2003 era I seem stuck in, so thank you in advance.
danke.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Re: Capcom vs SNK 2 --Any great game of that calibre today?

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Nov 16, '14, 5:41 am

I haven't played CVS 2, unfortunately, despite all the great things I've heard about it, but I did just pick up King of Fighters XI a few weeks ago, first game in the series I've played. It's pretty cool. I don't know a thing about it yet, but at some point when I'm not playing Street Fighter II and III and Smash I'll try to learn more about the mechanics of the game.

I don't know how you feel about Street Fighter III, but it's a great fighter, of course, and it's available in a very reliable online edition on Xbox 360. There's still a dedicated community for it (not as large as the major current fighters, of course, but it's there).

Also, haven't played it, but I hear good things about Killer Instinct. I loved the old games, so if I had an Xbox One I would definitely try that one out.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Return to General Gaming