Which first?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Which first?

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 14, '08, 9:59 am

So far, only Phantasy Star II and III have made it to the Wii's Virtual Console outside of Japan. Phantasy Star IV has been rated, but there's no word of it yet. However, some Master System titles have begun to show up on the VC, too. So which do you think is more likely to get there first, Phantasy Star I or Phantasy Star IV?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Nov 14, '08, 10:05 am

I think PSIV, though I am hoping for PSI! I've always wanted to play it on a console, but alas... Never owned it, other than on my GBA PS collection. It's not the same, and the save bug made me paranoid. D:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Nov 14, '08, 3:24 pm

I'd say PSIV. I don't have much justification for this except the fact that Genesis titles have been getting released on the VC for quite some time now. Granted, I wouldn't get it on the VC since I still have a cartridge and a working Genesis, but my roommate really wants to see it on the VC.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lemina » Fri Nov 14, '08, 9:35 pm

Tsunami wrote:I think PSIV, though I am hoping for PSI! I've always wanted to play it on a console, but alas... Never owned it, other than on my GBA PS collection. It's not the same, and the save bug made me paranoid. D:

My thoughts exactly. It's unlikely, but I really hope that PSI makes it to the VC. With an updated translation~

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 14, '08, 11:44 pm

I doubt they would change the translation. Every VC game I know of so far as just been a port. It would probably be the same.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lemina » Sun Nov 16, '08, 3:52 am

I was just dreaming. XD It's...too bad. :<
Speaking of the VC games being just ports; I think that there are some US released VC games that are still in Japanese. Nintendo Power mentioned some. I forgot their titles, though.

Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Thoul » Sun Nov 16, '08, 5:49 am

I noticed a lot of VC games that said they were originally Japan only releases. :yes: I've been afraid to try any of them though because it sounds like they are in the original language.

But hey... that could mean we might finally get official releases of some of those PS games Sega never brought over!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lemina » Sun Nov 16, '08, 2:17 pm

:hyper: I'd love that~ Although playing a turn-based game in another language can be a turn off.

Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby hugues » Sun Nov 16, '08, 2:26 pm

Thoul wrote:I noticed a lot of VC games that said they were originally Japan only releases. :yes: I've been afraid to try any of them though because it sounds like they are in the original language.

Depends on the genre I suppose. I wouldn't try a Japanese RPG but might brave an action game. I bought Dynastic Hero on VC which was a Japanese release but was in English for some reason (I think they planned a US release before the TG-16 CD was canceled).

In regards to whether Phantasy Star or PSIV will be released next.. I'm going to go with the original Phantasy Star. It's not available on any of the recent collections and would certainly be a hit.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Schala Zeal » Mon Nov 17, '08, 10:26 pm

I would think Phantasy Star IV would make it first, somehow. Though, either way, I'd be happy. :heart: I would personally prefer PSI first since I don't have a copy of the original.
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Return to Phantasy Star IV