Banned from a message board with no rhyme or reason.

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Banned from a message board with no rhyme or reason.

Postby MrKite » Mon Nov 26, '12, 4:30 am

So last night I decided to visit another message board I haven't been to in a while, and I made four topics. Two were about pinball machines, one was about a rock band, and one was just a random pointless thread (which this particular forum had a section for), and I posted them where they were supposed to go, and I try and log in there today and it says I was banned. For what? I don't mean to complain, I just need to blow off steam since I'm so close to so many people at this place.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Banned from a message board with no rhyme or reason.

Postby myau56 » Mon Nov 26, '12, 12:45 pm

That's very strange :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby MrKite » Mon Nov 26, '12, 10:56 pm

ikr?
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 27, '12, 12:02 am

Assuming you didn't get some kind of notice or explanation in the "you're banned" message, the only way to know why you were banned would be to contact the administrator of that board and ask. If you think you didn't do anything that violated the rules of that particular board, I would recommend giving that a try. It might have been an accidental ban or you might happen to be using an IP address that has been flagged as a spam source due to the actions of others using that address in the past. Just be sure to be very polite and calm in your message, if you do contact the administrator. I can tell you from personal experience (as an administrator) that any unfriendly tones in a request to reverse the banning drops the chances of that happening a very, very great deal.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Casual Conversation