Logan

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Logan

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jul 13, '17, 4:19 am

I got a DVD of the movie "Logan", starring actor Hugh Jackman, for my birthday today. I just finished watching the movie a little while ago and it was much better than I thought it would be.

I am definitely going to have to go back and watch some of the previous X-Men movies to find out what happened to them all before this movie was made. I remember watching about the first two X-Men movies, or Wolverine movies, or something like that, but then they lost me along the way. How many of them have there been now in all, anyone know?

I won't say to much about the movie in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, but Jackman and Patrick Stewart both did superb acting, as usual, in this one, I thought.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Logan

Postby Snorb » Thu Jul 13, '17, 7:21 am

The X-Men film series, more or less in release order:

THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY
X-Men (takes place in 2004, really!)
X2: X-Men United (takes place a few months later)
X3: The Last Stand (takes place a few months after X2, but can we not talk about this one?)

THE PAST TRILOGY
X-Men: First Class (takes place in 1963)
X-Men: Days of Future Past (takes place in 1973 and 2023)
X-Men: Apocalypse (takes place in 1983)
X-Men: Dark Phoenix (not yet released; will take place in 1993)

THE DEADPOOL SERIES
Deadpool (takes place in 2015)
Deadpool & Cable (not yet released)

THE WOLVERINE SERIES
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (takes place primarily in 1979; let's not talk about what this movie did to Deadpool)
The Wolverine (takes place sometime before 2023, if the post-credits sequence is accurate)
Logan (takes place in 2029, this movie is depressing as all hell.)

-=-=-=-=-=-

Anyway, that said, I liked the movie. I'm sad to see that it's Patrick Stewart's and Hugh Jackman's swan songs as Xavier and Logan, mostly because the very first X-Men movie came out in 2000. I was 16, these guys pretty much became some of my heroes in my twenties, and now I have to watch Charles Xavier fall apart mentally, die alone, his dream of human-mutant coexistence dying with him, along with Logan meeting his death foretold in The Wolverine, but what do you expect when you get impaled on a tree trunk the size of your chest?

[Reveal] Spoiler: Meaning in the Final Scene of "Logan"
Laura turns the cross on Logan's grave sideways to pay homage to Logan being one of her comic book superheroes; an X-Man. Also, a cross turned sideways on a grave symbolizes that nobody will ever visit that grave.

"Statue of Liberty was a long time ago, Charles. A long time."
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jul 16, '17, 6:08 am

Snorb, thanks for that list of all the movies! I am going to look and see if we have any of these at home.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Thu Aug 3, '17, 12:23 pm

Yes Snorb ! Thanks for the list ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209