Live performances

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Live performances

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Apr 7, '12, 4:51 pm

Anyone here like to attend live performances of music? Any kind of music.

I know I do! I've attended plenty of orchestral and choral performances, but my favorite music to see live would easily be rock and metal shows. I've seen a few bands live: Opeth in 2005, with Devin Townsend and Dark Tranquillity Opening. Next one after that was Sonata Arctica in 2007, which was opened by The Agonist (really did not care for them though >_>) and a local band, which was surprisingly good. Next was Disturbed in 2009, opened by Lacuna Coil, Killswitch Engage and Chimaira (did not care for the latter two, but I've been a Lacuna Coil fan for a while).

The next one on my schedule I'm as excited for as I was for Sonata Arctica...Sabaton on May 5th this year at the Palladium in Worcestor, MA! And I've told by tons of people that their shows are awesome. My boyfriend has our tickets. Porcupine Tree is due to tour later this year, and they always perform in the House of Blues in Boston. My brother will likely make me come to that show...and I won't complain as they are one of my favorite bands. If I have the money, Sonata Arctica will probably also be touring by fall and if they stop anywhere in the area I'd love to see them again.

Anyone else enjoy live shows and seen any artists perform live?
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sat Apr 7, '12, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: Live performances

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 7, '12, 7:31 pm

Strange but I've never seen a single concert ! (excepted some band during festivals : here in Lorient we have the famous and international "Festival Interceltique" or Interceltic festival (hope it's the right terms)) : I love some bands band I prefer tio listen to them by CD MP3 etc strange isn't it ? But your list is truly impressive !
Maybe one day I'll see Amorphis on stage ! One of my dream ! Sabaton was listed in the Hellfest fesival in Clisson, 200 kilometers from where I but at this moment I didn't know anything about this fantastic band :!!)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 10, '12, 6:35 am

I've never been to any real live performances. The closest thing would probably be old talent shows back in high school. :lol: My area is just too far away from the "big" cities to get many performers to visit. Not to say that there haven't been a few, but I never went.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Tue Apr 10, '12, 10:14 am

Back in High school ? So very long ago !:) Me too I'm too far away but I'm not too fond of concerts and live performance, even for bands that I love !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Apr 11, '12, 11:19 pm

I love live concerts and performances!!! They are very exciting and electric in many ways! Sadly, it's been a good while since I've seen any. The closest thing I can remember to seeing one recently was probably at some type of amusement park several years ago where there was a well known music band at the time was playing there. If I remember correctly, it was either a country or rock band. It's gotten fairly expensive now to see top notch entertainers live, but still it's worth the experience, I think.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Apr 12, '12, 1:35 am

One of the benefits of liking somewhat more obscure bands...cheap tickets. We got our Sabaton tickets for $16 a piece. Awesome. I think the only show I've attended with ticket prices over $20 was the Disturbed show, and that's probably only because they're somewhat closer to mainstream as far as metal goes.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Thu Apr 12, '12, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Thu Apr 12, '12, 1:11 pm

16 dollars is really a low price ! For a so marvelous band it's very cheap !! I envy you... :( ^^
Ah DISTURBED is nice too.
Last edited by myau56 on Wed Apr 25, '12, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Apr 25, '12, 6:16 am

I went to a live performance of Metallica back in 2009, but that's pretty much it. I've also heard that The Jacksons will be in my town on June 19 for their new Unity Tour, so I've been thinking about seeing that.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun May 6, '12, 4:48 pm

Last night...yeah...that was pretty amazing. Wow! We'll see if I can settle down a bit and study for my final on Wednesday though.

Heck, the day turned out to be great even before the show. I scoped out the area before we went there on Google maps and found a store called That's Entertainment. It was an awesome comic shop that also had old and new game stuff, comics, books, toys, and quite the impressive selection of Godzilla figures, most of which were Japanese imports! I will post about the figures I got in a different thread at a later time, after I have pictures.

Anyway, Sabaton was amazing. They had an outstanding setlist, really only 2 songs that I was comparatively 'meh' on. Otherwise, they played tons of songs I had hoped to hear, like Ghost Division (they opened with that), Coat of Arms, Primo Victoria, Price of a Mile, Cliffs of Gallipoli, The Art of War, Uprising, and Attero Dominatus. I was surprised they did not play The Final Solution, but I could totally live with that. It was an awesome show. Naturally, I walked out with a t-shirt and also a signed mini-poster that is going up in my cube at work.

I have pictures, which are all viewable on my facebook.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun May 6, '12, 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Sun May 6, '12, 8:37 pm

Happy for you ! Sabaton is a great band and one day I'm sure I'll be able to see them in a live performance :)
GHreat about the figures too : what a day for you !!
No Final Solution ? :( but many great songs.
I'll take a look on your FB account (don't know if I'm in your friend list).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Next

Return to Tootin' Tunes