Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lincoln
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, '12, 9:13 pm 
I had a chance to check out Spielberg's newest film "Lincoln". I have to say I was impressed with the cast and areas it covered. Has a lot of good moments. It's the kind of film you need to see again.

-

Post subject: Re: Lincoln
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, '12, 7:53 am 
I've heard about this and would like to see it one day. How was Daniel Day Lewis acting in the film? I read that actor Liam Neeson originally had the part but after awhile he turned it down and Lewis signed on. I remember Lewis from "Last Of The Mohicans", I think it was and he did a great job there but haven't heard too much about him otherwise. I also like the choice of actress Sally Field as Lincoln's wife. Lincoln is a fascinating character/person.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, '12, 6:34 pm 
Daniel Day Lewis was great for the role. You didn't see an actor.. you saw Lincoln. Sally Fields also did a great job. Their is a rather fun exchange between her and Tommy Lee Jones characters.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, '12, 12:10 am 
Tommy Lee Jones is in this? I've seen a little poster ad for the movie, but didn't notice him listed. What role does he play?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, '12, 11:33 pm 
He plays Thad Stevens. In fact he has a major role in the film's story.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, '12, 1:45 am 
Huh, I may have to look this up when it hits DVD, then. Thanks for the info. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, '12, 1:49 am 
Going to add it to my BluRay Collection at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, '13, 10:10 pm 
Drat, was hoping this was a topic about Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

There's a good movie on Lincoln that was made back, I suspect, in the forties. And by good, I do only mean the portion of the movie preceeding where they get into his life leading into and during civil war, as that part never gets told with historical accuracy in any movie about Lincoln that I've ever seen. No comment on this newer movie for which this topic is on though as I've not seen it.

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]