PS IV #61 on IGN's Greatest games of all time list

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

PS IV #61 on IGN's Greatest games of all time list

Postby LordShibas » Sat Nov 24, '07, 3:54 am

Here's the direct link

http://top100.ign.com/2007/ign_top_game_61.html

It looks like they are revealing new games at set intervals, but I thought it was interesting seeing a PS game on the list. Hopefully there will be more PS games.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 24, '07, 5:56 am

Hm, maybe but it seems their more into action packed fighting and sports games, rather than a good patience game like most PS games.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby LordShibas » Sat Nov 24, '07, 5:59 am

Well I find most lists like this to be completly stupid, and I pretty much laugh at most of the games, but I just figured I'd share the info.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 24, '07, 7:47 am

Yeah, its completely an opinion of someone, for example, I hate all sports games, so that eliminates a pretty good size chunk of their list. XDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Tsunami » Sat Nov 24, '07, 3:37 pm

They only made #61 on the list? Well, at least they out-ranked FF7. :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 25, '07, 6:10 am

FF is trash in comparison to PS. 8D
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby hugues » Sun Nov 25, '07, 1:18 pm

LordShibas wrote:Well I find most lists like this to be completly stupid, and I pretty much laugh at most of the games, but I just figured I'd share the info.

I think they're pretty arbitrary too.. they tend to overrate recent releases while trying to look smart by including semi-obscure classic games that really weren't very good. They used to be a cheap way to sell magazines and are now a cheap way to generate web traffic. :zzz:
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Tsunami » Sun Nov 25, '07, 4:57 pm

Heikabuchi wrote:FF is trash in comparison to PS. 8D
True, but FF4 and FF6 weren't that bad (I also liked FF1, even if it was very simple). But for the most part, I do prefer PS. :yes:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Celeith » Sun Nov 25, '07, 5:42 pm

i often dont understand shooter and sport games, i mean with each new sport game such as madden all it is is the same game remade, a minor upate on graphics if its for a new system, and just a few more teams.. why in the world would someone spend a bit over 50$ for a game when they have the same thing already >< and shooters are basically the same.. of course in some there might be some kinda minor story but overall its the same thing over and over..

in rpgs its basically the same thing yes, but at least you get a new cast of characters each time, a new story, new villians, ect
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 25, '07, 11:30 pm

Heik, your lucky my friends weren't here to see you say that.

FF7 is the best game of all time and if you don't agree then I will sick this guy on you *holds out huge thug*

I prefer PS, but FF is a really good series, side from the graphics actually being lame for coming after PS. XD

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV