Rare Enemies

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Rare Enemies

Postby Lucas » Wed Jul 29, '09, 3:38 am

Has anyone every encountered an enemy that they have never encountered before or only once through an entire play through. I can't say I missed any enemies in the first Phantasy Star or Third one. But for the second which I have beaten twice now I have never one encountered a Purple tree-like enemy called Forest. Apparently it lives only in the Climatrol centre still never seen it. Also Prophullus from PSIV I have encountered only a mere 3 times and I've beaten that game like 5 times in total. That’s like one encounter a play through if I'm lucky.

Has any one else encountered any rare enemies throughout the classic series also apparently some of the extra enemies in PSIII made it into the GBA port on the Phantasy Star collection has anyone encountered any of the extra enemies at all?

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Rare Enemies

Postby Thoul » Wed Jul 29, '09, 3:34 pm

The Prophallus, of course... I think I only found them because I actually went hunting for them once, years ago.

That's the only thing that immediately comes to mind for me, at least in the classic series. I saw the rare rappies in PS Online a couple of times.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby ThugsRook » Thu Jul 30, '09, 8:45 pm

nothing is more rare then the 2 enemies that were removed from the US version of PSIV.
they are in the Japanese version and in the early protos, but not the release version.

i believe PSII also had 2 or 3 enemies removed from the game.

would be nice to see them re-inserted via IPS patch :hyper:
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 15

Postby hugues » Fri Jul 31, '09, 3:29 am

Lucas wrote:But for the second which I have beaten twice now I have never one encountered a Purple tree-like enemy called Forest. Apparently it lives only in the Climatrol centre still never seen it.

I know I've fought that one before but only a couple of times, the name really stuck out when I found it. For some reason I recall fighting it on Uzo but my memory is probably bad.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Fogeltje » Wed Sep 30, '09, 6:31 pm

There's a green version of the Mammoth in PSI, Elephant I believe it was called. I only ran into twice. At one point I started thinking it didn't exist at all and I remembered something incorrect, then it appeared once more. I think you can find it on the grass plains of Loar/Abion island.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby H-Man » Sat Oct 2, '10, 1:27 pm

Back in the day, I used to go Prophallus hunting in the Edge, because killing a few of them was a good way to boost my character's levels quickly. I could spent about 40 minutes or so at a time in the Edge and encounter three...maybe four tops.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Solar » Sat Oct 2, '10, 1:50 pm

I've beaten Phantasy Star three times and still haven't met a Prophallus. >:(
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 2, '10, 2:32 pm

I think the Prophallus only shows up in one particular room. I can't recall ever seeing it outside of that place. I believe it's the next-to-last room before the final boss.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby vilkacis » Sat Oct 2, '10, 3:15 pm

^ Nah. I've encountered them in the room before that as well. I have an old savestate where I'd just encountered one, where ending the battle places me here:

SNAP000.png
SNAP000.png (22.91 KiB) Viewed 21554 times

Pretty sure I've seen them at least one or two floors higher up as well.
vilkacis
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 13

Postby Solar » Sat Oct 2, '10, 5:26 pm

Somewhere it said you fight a Prophallus only when you get a random encounter when that glowing square is on the square you are on... but that's probably another false belief.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Next

Return to Classic Series