My mother passed away last night

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

My mother passed away last night

Postby S4Blade » Tue Oct 15, '13, 3:15 pm

My mother lost her battle with Huntington's Disease last night, and she is no longer with us. She has been in a full time care facility for a while now, and her condition was getting worse and worse. She was rushed to the hospital but didn't make it.

It's not entirely unexpected. We knew it was coming, we just didn't know when. Anyways, I will be taking a few days off of work for bereavement leave, and my siblings will be coming into town, so we can sort things out. Well I have some things to attend to. Wish me luck.
Last edited by S4Blade on Tue Oct 15, '13, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Re: My mother passed away last night

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Oct 15, '13, 3:39 pm

VistaBlade, I'm really sorry to hear about this. I can't even imagine how hard this is, even if you knew it was coming at some point.

Good luck to you. Take care of yourself the next few days. And we'll be here. :grouphug:
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby jessie » Wed Oct 16, '13, 12:40 am

Oh my! My condolences are with you and your family. I just went through that with my dad and it was not easy. Good luck my friend and God Bless.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Postby S4Blade » Wed Oct 16, '13, 3:07 am

Thanks for the kind words Wolf Bird and Jessie. My family has been doing a lot of running around today and getting things that we are going to need for the funeral. It's just going to be a small funeral with close friends and family and that's it. So it's not going to be a big deal. My father is being extremely nice about everything and has been covering all of the expenses, so that's good. He has opted to put her into a mausoleum as opposed to burying her which I think is nice.

We are going to finish the rest of the preparations tomorrow, and the service will be on Thursday. So I guess that's when all the emotional stuff will kick in, but I will try to keep it together for my family. I'm a pretty strong individual when it comes to stuff like this.

I need to get some sleep too, I think I slept for 2 hours last night.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Postby Rylen » Wed Oct 16, '13, 3:19 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family though this.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 16, '13, 9:14 am

VistaBlade, my condolences to you and your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Please remember to take care of yourself and get some rest as you can. We're here for you if you need us. :grouphug:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby S4Blade » Thu Oct 17, '13, 11:44 pm

Well we concluded everything today, we had the viewing and the funeral. Everything went pretty well. It was a fairly short viewing with close friends and family only, so it didn't last that long. Then we went out to a late lunch and chatted for a few hours. It was nice seeing some of my relatives that I have not seen in a long time.

While I will miss my mother, I can only hope that she will now be free of her disease. Thanks to all of you that offered your condolences. It made me feel a little better.

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Return to Casual Conversation