George Strait top country artist

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

George Strait top country artist

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jun 9, '10, 9:50 pm

George Strait has been named the top country artist of the past 25 years by Billboard:

http://www.rttnews.com/Content/Entertai ... 1&SimRec=2

An honor well deserved! :clap: He has set a lot of records in the music industry during the past 25 years.

Other country music artists who made the top 5 spots on the list were...Garth Brooks, Reba McIntire, Alan Jackson, and Tim McGraw. The rest of the top ten spots on the list included...Randy Travis, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Alabama, and Brooks & Dunn.

Interesting to note that the group Alabama has retired as a group, so to speak and, if I remember correctly, Brooks & Dunn are on their last tour together also.

Congrats to all these folks. :clap:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: George Strait top country artist

Postby Thoul » Thu Jun 10, '10, 4:06 pm

Is anyone on that list still active? I haven't heard anything about most of them in several years.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: George Strait top country artist

Postby Rune_Walsh » Mon Jun 14, '10, 8:18 pm

I think Alison Krauss is more talented than any of them, but that's just my opinion. Toby Keith and Tim McGraw is on that list? Really?

Not for nothing, I'm just not into "big" country stars. Give me bluegrass anyday and the artists of the Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack, over today's pop country.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Return to Tootin' Tunes