Lena/Lyle Phantasy Star III piece

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Re: Lena/Lyle Phantasy Star III piece

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Apr 1, '10, 7:40 pm

ZOMG, Lyle is sexier than Rune! :D Awesome work, RW. You're really great at using Copic markers. :up:

We've seriously underated the hottie males of PS3... Then again, PS2 only has Rolf and IV has Rune. :neenerneener:
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby MrKite » Thu Apr 1, '10, 7:42 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:I did this one for fun, inspired by the "Theory about Sari" thread.

Yeah... I really do like this couple. :D

Never thought about them as a couple before.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Rune_Walsh » Thu Apr 1, '10, 10:14 pm

PSjunkie wrote:Awesome work RW! :up:
If I keep practicing and become as skilled as you, then I can probably start the art for my game.:)

I'm willing to tutor you, PSJ, for cheap. I'm not kidding. I can write up drawing lesson plans for you daily, that will help you in your skill. I can coach you and drive you to improvement. Let me know.

Tanith - thanks, hon. Honestly, I don't think I would have been as inspired to do this if it weren't for your great conversation. So, in a way, I dedicate this to you (and Srijita, and everyone else who conversed in the 'Sari' thread). :D

Huge thanks to the rest of you for your kind compliments. :grouphug: I concur that the guys of PSIII are underappreciated! :D
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Tanith » Fri Apr 2, '10, 8:00 am

Rune_Walsh wrote:Tanith - thanks, hon. Honestly, I don't think I would have been as inspired to do this if it weren't for your great conversation. So, in a way, I dedicate this to you (and Srijita, and everyone else who conversed in the 'Sari' thread). :D

:grouphug: I'm just lucky to have found people to talk with, in depth, about any of the original Phantasy Star games. You rock!

I want to add that I love the look on Lena's face in your picture. She looks so surprised (in a very good way) that Lyle is in love with her. She's so darn cute!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby hugues » Fri Apr 2, '10, 10:22 pm

Great picture - interesting idea that they might have become a couple after their adventures. Judging by their actual offspring, it seems Lyle prefers someone daintier than Lena and Lena prefers someone brawnier than Lyle.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sat Apr 3, '10, 12:33 am

Tanith - thanks so much! I'm impressed you noticed Lena's expression; she is surprised and blushing because Lyle is being so bold. ;)

hugues wrote:Great picture - interesting idea that they might have become a couple after their adventures. Judging by their actual offspring, it seems Lyle prefers someone daintier than Lena and Lena prefers someone brawnier than Lyle.

Thanks Hugues, and you strike up a good point. I do think Lena and Lyle have an obvious and curious friendship; she apparently traveled with him alone, and he knows her well enough to leave her in Shushoran, his kingdom, alone... that says trust! (Or, that she was being held there, but there's no reasonable evidence to think this is the case.) I hate the Rhys/Maia union and always choose Rhys/Lena simply because of Nial, but I do think Lena deserves better than Rhys. She's too cool for him. :lol:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby hugues » Fri Apr 9, '10, 11:30 pm

Well, I think I'm going to have to rethink my original theory on the relationship between Lena and Lyle. I thought perhaps she met Lyle prior to the events of PSIII and was sympathetic to his peoples suffering. She helped Lyle deceive (meant in a good) Rhys to help repair the weather control system.

I went back and checked the Japanese translation and of course the dialog in Shusoran is very different from the US version:
Lyle:
...Kein. Before we go any further, I'd like to test your strength.
We shall determine whether or not you are truly a man worthy of my
support.
And...

(Lyle leaves the group. If you try to go back, a soldier stops you.)

Lyle:
Now, then, Kein! Take up your arms! Let us see what kind of man you
really are!

(A battle between Kein and Lyle ensues. Lyle is defeated.)

Lyle:
Just as I thought. You are indeed equal to the tasks that lie ahead.
...That girl, there.
You're familiar with her, are you not?

Lena:
Prince Kein! Have you forgotten me? I'm Lena; we met in Riik's dungeon.
Miss Marlena was taken to the island that lies on the other side of this
castle's rear gate.
When I heard that my Moon Stone was needed to cross over to the island, I
tried to come to you, but I was attacked by monsters along the way. Lord
Lyle here graciously came to my rescue, though, and, so, here I am.
Well, let's go rescue Miss Marlena!

From reading this it sounds like Lena was really interested in trying to save Maia. Why? is a huge question of course. It would also rule out any idea that Rhys and Lena had any prior relationship.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Lemina » Fri Apr 9, '10, 11:36 pm

That artwork is gorgeous~! Now that I saw your art, Lyle and Lena do look like a great couple!

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Tanith » Sat Apr 10, '10, 12:28 am

hugues wrote:From reading this it sounds like Lena was really interested in trying to save Maia. Why? is a huge question of course. It would also rule out any idea that Rhys and Lena had any prior relationship.

Yeah, you're right. I guess they were betrothed but had never met prior to Lena rescuing Rhys in the dungeon. That's not an uncommon marriage system for royals (the early betrothal, not the dungeon bit :wink: ).

Perhaps Lena realized that the only way to get Rhys interested in her was to help him find Maia. Maybe she was hoping that sacrificing herself and giving him lots of attention would somehow win him over. It probably wouldn't have done any good to tell him he should abandon his quest and come back to Landen with her. You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar and all that. :wink: Plus, the only way she'd be able to spend time with him was to join his group, anyway.

Then again, maybe she was really interested in getting out of the betrothal, too. Sari is a bit older than Ayn, right? Maybe Lena had already started a fling with Sari's father. :D
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Schala Zeal » Sat Apr 10, '10, 12:33 am

Absolutely wonderful! They look so cute staring into each others eyes like that~
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork