Legend Of Zelda for Wii U

Discussion of news stories dealing with gaming.

Legend Of Zelda for Wii U

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jun 12, '14, 9:17 pm

A trailor and some info for the upcoming Legend Of Zelda game for the Wii U:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wii-u-lege ... 26518.html

Very impressive.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Legend Of Zelda for Wii U

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Jun 12, '14, 10:51 pm

Absolutely. I thought the E3 trailer was really beautiful. I haven't been this excited for Zelda in a long time.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby S4Blade » Fri Jun 13, '14, 12:32 am

Cool little teaser trailer, but we will see how the gameplay actually looks. Still wish they would go back to the Twilight Princess graphical style.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby PathfinderCS » Thu Jun 19, '14, 7:18 am

VistaBlade wrote:Cool little teaser trailer, but we will see how the gameplay actually looks. Still wish they would go back to the Twilight Princess graphical style.

I believe that someone from Nintendo confirmed that it was indeed gameplay footage.

If so, DAAAANG!
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jun 19, '14, 2:09 pm

It looks pretty, for sure. Kind of reminded me a bit of Skyrim. But…I was never able to get into Zelda (I know, I'm weird), and really, as with Mario, I'm kind of sick of Nintendo doing Zelda games, year after year.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Jun 19, '14, 5:43 pm

I've been critical of the lack of change in Zelda, but in fairness it's a hugely popular franchise and the fan demand is there to support the releases. Not only that, but with the market the way it is developers in recent years have had to fall back on more surefire titles, which is admittedly sad, but certainly not a Nintendo or Zelda-centric problem. And when you really look at it, Zelda has had eight or so console releases since 1987, or twenty-five odd years, so that isn't too bad compared to, say, Halo or Call of Duty or any number of hugely popular franchises with endlessly regurgitated sequels with little or no real variation. I mean, at least Zelda comes up with a different world and some kind of fun gimmick or theme each time, even if the core game play has remained largely the same since Ocarina (and this new one is looking to be a bit different, if what I'm hearing is true, which is great).
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Thu Jun 19, '14, 9:21 pm

This trailer is highly impressive ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby S4Blade » Thu Jun 19, '14, 11:10 pm

PathfinderCS wrote:I believe that someone from Nintendo confirmed that it was indeed gameplay footage.
If so, DAAAANG!

Well I find it hard to believe. Considering the cinematic camera angles and slow down. I would believe that it was rendered on the Wii U, but I wouldn't believe that it is true gameplay. Keep in mind that companies get caught lying about stuff like this all the time.

Killzone 2, Dark Souls 2, and Aliens Colonial Marines are just some recent examples of games that were shown as being "true gameplay", but ended up being nothing close to it when the games were actually released.
Last edited by S4Blade on Thu Jun 19, '14, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Nothing

S4Blade
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 39

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jun 20, '14, 1:35 am

Bragatyr wrote:I've been critical of the lack of change in Zelda, but in fairness it's a hugely popular franchise and the fan demand is there to support the releases. Not only that, but with the market the way it is developers in recent years have had to fall back on more surefire titles, which is admittedly sad, but certainly not a Nintendo or Zelda-centric problem. And when you really look at it, Zelda has had eight or so console releases since 1987, or twenty-five odd years, so that isn't too bad compared to, say, Halo or Call of Duty or any number of hugely popular franchises with endlessly regurgitated sequels with little or no real variation. I mean, at least Zelda comes up with a different world and some kind of fun gimmick or theme each time, even if the core game play has remained largely the same since Ocarina (and this new one is looking to be a bit different, if what I'm hearing is true, which is great).

Oh, I totally get why they keep making them. I mean, they're clearly good games, fans want them, and yeah, the economics of gaming right now make risk taking a very difficult undertaking. It seems plenty of studios are folding after putting a lot into a big project that flopped…Clover after Okami, Team Bondi after LA Noire, for example (both of which, BTW, I think are great ;) ). It's just Zelda is not my particular cup of tea and while I agree with you an Halo and COD putting forward sequel after sequel, I still consider Nintendo one of the industry's bigger offenders when it comes to overusing the same IPs without putting forth too much good, consistent innovation. I'm not big on random gimmicks and I feel that financially, at least, Nintendo is in a generally good position to take a few creative risks, and I'm not sure I'm seeing it. They showed some good stuff at E3, but I still feel like they're falling back on the same things.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Fri Jun 20, '14, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby PathfinderCS » Fri Jun 20, '14, 1:46 am

Honestly, I really wanted to finish Twilight Princess but I really lost interest during the first dungeon. Maybe the more open world of this new Zelda will convince me to finish the game.

Heck I haven't tried Skyward Sword yet. Maybe I should reconsider that...
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Next

Return to In the News