Legend of the Seeker

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Re: Legend of the Seeker

Postby Rick » Wed Apr 28, '10, 11:03 pm

Let us not forget these other two examples.

Family guy ran for a few seasons and was cancelled. The first DVDs sold SO MANY COPIES and petitions (mostly the DVD sales) that it was renegotiated and we got more seasons.

Family Guy is one of the first shows ever renewed years after it ended from DVD sales.

MacFarlane conceived the idea for the Family Guy in 1997, developing it out of his two short films. MacFarlane's shorts caught the attention of Fox, who gave him $50,000 to make a pilot. McFarlane completed the 11 minute pilot after six months of hand animation. Pleased with the pilot, Fox gave the green light to the Family Guy series.[7] Although Fox initially announced Family Guy's cancellation following the second season, Fox decided to make a third season,[8][9] after which they canceled the series in early 2002. However, reruns on Adult Swim drove up interest in the show, and its DVD releases did quite well, selling over 2.2 million copies in one year, which renewed network interest.[10] Family Guy returned to production in 2004, marking the first revival of a television show based on DVD sales.[11][12] Fox president Gail Berman said that it was one of her most difficult decisions to cancel the show, and was therefore happy it would return.[13] The show celebrated its official 100th episode during its sixth season in November 2007, resulting in the show's syndication.[14] The show is contracted to continue producing episodes until 2012.[15]

Another example is THE BIG-O. The show aired in America and ended on a cliffhanger that outraged people. Massive petitions and e-mails were sent and after 2 years, Cartoon network paid to have a second season. The Big-O had been finished in Japan and was over with. But American fans got a new season.

The Big O premiered on 13 October 1999 on WOWOW. When the production staff was informed the series would be shortened to thirteen episodes, the writers decided to end it with a cliffhanger, hoping the next 13 episodes would be picked up.[7] In April 2001, The Big O premiered on Cartoon Network's Toonami lineup.[8]

Second season

The series garnered positive fan response internationally that resulted in a second season co-produced by Cartoon Network, Sunrise, and Bandai Visual. Season two premiered on Japan's SUN-TV on January 2003, with the American premiere taking place seven months later in the Adult Swim lineup.[7][9]

So it is possible but it rarely works.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 21, '10, 7:20 pm

A short, but interesting, article and interview with actress Bridget Regan, who plays Kahlan on "Legend Of The Seeker":

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Legend-Seek ... 18821.aspx

I still say that Bridget would be awesome as the new "Wonder Woman"! :yes:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Sun May 23, '10, 9:39 pm

So, anyone else seen the final episode of season 2 yet? It airs this weekend; I just finished watching it. What did you think of it and the last few episodes?

I like that they used the glass blinding concept from the books, even though it was certainly different. Also an interesting way to have Richard and Kahlan discover that she can't confess Richard. I was not expecting the Con Dar like that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon May 24, '10, 7:41 am

Haven't seen it yet, tempted to click those little black boxes but I refuse to do so. I'll give a better opinion afterwards.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon May 24, '10, 7:58 pm

Well, I went ahead and clicked the little black boxes, lol, even though I haven't seen the last episodes, or any of season 2 yet. I really hate to see this show end. It had so much going for it. :sad:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue May 25, '10, 8:09 pm

Well, I'll admit one thing, it certainly was interesting. Having Richard go blind like that was certainly unexpected and yes, they did bring the [/spoiler]glass[/spoiler] in from the books, however in the books it not only blinded but soldiers inhaled the glass in causing them to bleed from the inside

Perhaps one thing I didn't entirely agree on was that in the books Nicci was supposed to join Richard after the maternity spell. Or shortly afterwards anyway after Richard showed Nicci that there is even light in the darkest of places.
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Tue May 25, '10, 9:27 pm

I was wondering if Nicci would join up in the show myself. I guess the cast would have been a bit too crowded with a party of five traveling around. But then, if the show is rescued and gets a third season, it could always happen during that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jun 10, '13, 6:53 am

Well now, Legend of the Seeker season three is a real possibility! That's right, even though it's been three years since season two the fanbase this show has, has well... know what, I'll just give you a link now.

http://www.smgo.tv/shows/legend-of-the-seeker/

Simply vote, and if the show gets to 15,000 votes (There is currently 12318 at the time of this post).

Once it gets the required votes, SMGO goes to the producers and pitches the idea, if there is a get go then it goes to funding. It basically comes down to 90 days of trying to reach the funding goal. So hopefully... hopefully...
Atlinsmere

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jun 10, '13, 5:32 pm

Oh wow, this is great news. I will go check it out asap and probably vote. I would love to see this show return, especially if they can get all the original people to return also. I wonder what they are all doing now that the show has been off the air awhile.

Thanks for the news and the link Atlin! :)

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Jun 14, '13, 9:40 am

Awesome! Currently SMGO has 16493 votes out of 15000. That means they will take it to the producers! Hopefully its a yes, and hopefully we make funding!
Atlinsmere

PreviousNext

Return to Tubular Television