Spy Hunter

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Spy Hunter

Postby Thoul » Fri Apr 20, '07, 10:00 pm

I'm not sure if anyone will remember this game or not. It was an arcade game, later released on the NES. You drove a spy car that was tricked out with stuff you'd see in a James Bond film, like oil slicks, smoke screens, missiles, and so on. I always enjoyed this one, but I never got very far into it. Did anyone ever play this and make it to the ending?

I've been thinking about this game recently because I saw a PlayStation 2 version at the rental place last weekend. I haven't played it, but I'm thinking of renting it... they turned it into a series, with Spy Hunter 2 and Spy Hunter 3.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Spy Hunter

Postby Triumvirate » Sun Apr 22, '07, 9:06 pm

I remember playing it on NES, didn't ever play the arcade one though. I think the farthest I ever got in it was up to like the third or so stage.

The first Spy Hunter for PS2 was good, the others...not so much really. If you rent the first one though I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Triumvirate
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 1

Re: Spy Hunter

Postby Thoul » Sun Apr 22, '07, 10:27 pm

The great thing about the NES version was that it was almost exactly like the arcade. I really couldn't tell the difference when I played them.

I may rent the first PS2 one next weekend. I'm getting an itch to play it. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Retro Roundup