Well, I just bought a Sega Master System

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Well, I just bought a Sega Master System

Postby MrKite » Thu Dec 31, '09, 10:45 pm

It was at a reasonable price, too. It was $49.99 plus $9.99 shipping fee. Pretty good. It came with two controllers, an arcade stick, some football game and some golf game, an RF adapter and an AC adapter. I already have some SMS carts of my own that I used to play on the Genesis via the Power Base Converter (which I haven't been able to use since I switched to the Model 2 Genesis/CD combo in 2007), but I ended up buying 3 games to go with it:Phantasy Star, Sonic Chaos, and Zillion. I hear that Zillion is compatible with the light gun that was made for it, but do I NEED to use the light gun? Can't I just use the controller?
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Re: Well, I just bought a Sega Master System

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 1, '10, 6:51 am

I haven’t played Zillion before but for shooting games the Light gun makes it a lot easier especially when you have moving targets zooming across the screen. I own Shooting Gallery and Wanted on SMS which both require play with the Light gun.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jan 1, '10, 8:46 pm

Congratulations on a great buy there, MrKite! :clap:

Sounds like you will be having some gaming fun in the New Year! :proposetoast:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby MrKite » Fri Jan 1, '10, 10:41 pm

Thanks guys. Oh yeah, there's one game I forgot to mention I also got:Galaxy Force. An nice looking third person view space shooter, but it's REALLY hard (I played the ROM before). I can't get past any of the stages so far. Guess it requires some mastering.
Mr. Kite, FOA's resident Alys Brangwin fanboy. Thank you Lyla2284 for making this pic that I used to make this sig.

MrKite
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 59

Postby Tweeg » Tue Mar 23, '10, 2:32 am

The SMS offered a great deal more variety in Light "Phaser" Gun games than the NES did, and I think overall the quality of the ones it has is much better. My personal favorite in is the Marksman Shooting & Trap Shooting game cart.

Oh, and in case you weren't aware, SMS consoles have anywhere from one to two games built-in. So if you power up your SMS without a game cart or card inserted a game will load up. Most systems have Hang-On, but every hardware revision or prodution run of the system seemed to vary.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Return to Retro Roundup