Legacy of Ys Pre-Order

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Re: Legacy of Ys Pre-Order

Postby Tweeg » Tue Mar 23, '10, 2:23 am

Sorry for being a bit off topic here, but does anyone happen to have an opionon on the Ys anime?
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Thoul » Tue Mar 23, '10, 2:48 am

There is a Ys anime? I am intrigued to hear more about this!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tweeg » Thu Mar 25, '10, 2:11 am

PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Lemina » Fri Mar 26, '10, 2:58 am

...I want the anime now. How come it's never been mentioned? I've never seen an ad for the thing.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Tweeg » Tue Mar 30, '10, 4:20 am

Because Anime Works has notoriously bad marketing skills. Bulk of what they've published over the years has been lumps of coal with the rarity of a diamond amongst it all. For example, they also publish the Magic Knight Rayearth anime tv series, which was one of their best titles. In my opinion that means there's hope that the Ys OVA's are good.

As for Anime Works in general... Most retailers refuse to carry their product line, for good reason, because most of what they've chosen to liscense over the years is either borderline or outright hentai. With the majority of those titles having plots that focus heavily on sexuality and far to often, homosexuality. Sereiously, I have bought random Anime Works titles in the not so distant past only to later have the regret that it's impossible to use lye soap to scrub images out of my mind that should never have gotten in; garbage like Genma Wars, Berserk, and Green Green. And Genma Wars did not even bear any sexual content warning on the packaging. :yuck:

Oh, but they did manage to acquire the rights to one series I'm sure you've seen for sale in Wal*Mart, Voltron. But you have to hunt on the packaging to find out that they published it, no doubt a concession made with mass retailers who boycott the rest of their catalog. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Best Buy is the only physical retailer left who carries any part of their title catalog outside of Voltron.
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Previous

Return to Retro Roundup