Least Favorite Game Cliche

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Postby Neithird » Mon Dec 17, '07, 8:29 pm

Trenzer wrote:Sword or gun wielder for the main character. I wanna see the hero wield a bow or something else.

I was trying to think of a game that might fit that, but I can't come up with a single one. Even games with heroes that use a spear or something usually start with a sword.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Dec 18, '07, 9:08 pm

Shadow of the Collosus might not exactly fit, he uses a sword but a bow just as much.

*checks through all my games*
I have a few games where you either choose the main character with what they use or choose what you want them to use, Drakan The Ancients gates, Champions of Norrath, Soul Calibur 3 Character creation.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Previous

Return to Tech and Design