Last movie you saw?

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Re: Last movie you saw?

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Feb 18, '12, 5:08 pm

I got all the Harry Potter movies on blu-ray, and I discovered my boyfriend has never seen them! So the last movie I watched was the first HP movie with him. We'll being going through the entire series.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Sat Feb 18, '12, 5:10 pm

CW : Harry Potter ? Didn't know it ! lol He never saw them ? Strange ! I say that but.. I haven't seen all the movies .. (But read all the books...in english ;)).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Feb 20, '12, 8:35 pm

CW, let me know if they are any good. The only Harry Potter movie I've watched was The third one, I think it was. I enjoyed it fairly well and have thought about going back and beginning with the first one and trying to watch them all when and if I ever get the time to do so. That's a lot of movies though.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Feb 21, '12, 12:28 am

i think they're good. Personally, I would read the books first, but the movies are good and decently faithful to the books.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Tue Feb 21, '12, 3:57 am

The Studio Ghibli movie Princess Mononoke. It’s the story of a girl who grows up with wolf gods and a young prince from a village far away who both meet thanks to humans ravaging the forest and upsetting nature’s balance, in return disturbing the gods of the forest. It’s a wonderful anime movie. If you haven’t seen it I say you should sometime.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 21, '12, 9:14 am

Princess Mononoké is so fantastic ! But all the Ghibli movie are so great : I love the Castle in the sky, aka Laputa.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Lucas » Wed Apr 18, '12, 5:51 am

@ Myau, yes Laputa is my favourite Ghibli film too. I'm looking forward to seeing Arriety by them, which comes to Australia in May.

Well on the weekend I ended up watching the 2009 remake of Friday the 13th and... I really enjoyed it. I’ve seen a few of the films from the series and mildly enjoyed them, but this one I really truly did enjoy. Jason was done so well; he even seemed intelligent, especially with that crossbow, wow! I’m not a huge fan of this series but this as a standalone movie was really something. Not for the young ones at all though. :lol:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby myau56 » Wed Apr 18, '12, 9:00 pm

@LUCAS : Good Choice ! Laputa is so great ! Arriety, I've seen it at the cinema: great one too !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 18, '12, 9:09 pm

I borrowed Prince of Persia: Sands of Time from the library last week and watched it over the weekend. That was the most irritating movie I've ever had my hands on. The DVD was scratched terribly and wouldn't play in anything other than a computer. Dedicated DVD players wouldn't read it, my Xbox 360 wouldn't read it. Even my PC wouldn't until I downloaded a new video decoder. I don't know if it was the scratches or the copy protection (which my PC did complain about), but just trying to play this movie and an adventure unto itself. It leave me wishing I had the sands of time myself, so I could go back and stop myself from getting this movie.

I enjoyed the movie itself, once I finally got to see it. I've not followed the game series, so I can't speak to how well it adapts that. As a standalone action flick, however, it was entertaining. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Sun Jun 3, '12, 7:45 am

Well I got around to watching the Studio Ghibli anime film called Arrietty. Which is loosely based on the movie and book called The Borrowers. It’s a really great film as are most of the Ghibli films; and exploring the world through the eyes of a tiny young heroine was done quite well in this movie, it’s got a very touching and magical soundtrack too. An animated masterpiece in my opinion. :up:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Films