Last movie you saw?

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Re: Last movie you saw?

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 26, '11, 10:20 pm

Funny thing, if I had checked this topic before yesterday, I'd have to be saying Ghost Rider was the last I watched, too. :lol: It does have some cheesy parts, but I like it anyway. The sequel is slated for release in February.

But yesterday I watched the first X-Men film again. I hadn't seen it in at least a year or so, so it was familiar but not quite predictable. It was a decent introduction to the characters I think, though it might could have used a little less focus on Wolverine.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Nov 28, '11, 5:30 am

Watched the last Harry Potter movie last night. Was pretty good...but I'd have to read the book again to see how faithful it is to the book.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lucas » Thu Dec 22, '11, 8:05 am

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. It was a very well done movie, it was rather long however two-and a half hours, and if you haven’t watched both seasons 1 and 2 of the TV series you won’t be able to follow it that easily. It’s easily one of the best movies I’ve seen all year.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 26, '11, 8:16 pm

Watched my annual viewing of "White Christmas" last night and enjoyed it very much as usual. It's become a Christmas holiday tradition of sorts. Also watched "Holiday Inn" another oldie Christmas movie. Also watched "The Apostle" starring Robert Duvall. He's a great actor...the movie was so,so..!!!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Sun Jan 1, '12, 4:45 am

I watched Riverworld last night. It was a semi-sequel to a Sci Fi channel movie of the same name, which I saw a few years back. I found the premise of the original movie interesting, but this new movie was just terrible. It was poorly paced and rather dull, even with a nice cast and some good characters. At one point the story was jumping around so much and making so little sense that I was left wondering why the movie was still continuing at all. :(
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lucas » Fri Jan 20, '12, 10:22 am

Hostel Part III with some friends. Oh god what a disgusting movie that was :yuck:, I’ve never liked the idea of painful torture movies the Saw movies are rather tame in a way compared to this series. Avoid it ;)

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jan 21, '12, 1:46 am

I watched "The Quest" starring Jean Claude Van Damne (sp?) a few nights ago. I didn't recognize the title but when I began watching it I realized I had already seen the movie before...no problem...I luv Jean Claude movies!!! Actor Roger Moore was in the movie too..he previously played James Bond in some of the James Bond movies and he was on "Maverick" on TV years ago. "Quest" was a good movie with lots of action fighting!! :clap:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jan 21, '12, 1:50 am

Gojira, which is the Japanese version of the first Godzilla movie. I enjoyed it. I would say it's overall better than the Americanized version, as there's a fair bit of stuff cut out of the American version, and most of it is footage from Godzilla's rampage! That said, I still like the American version plenty, as I don't have to rely on subtitles, and having it told from the perspective of a visiting journalist is pretty neat.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 15, '12, 3:55 am

The last film I watched was Salt, a spy/action film. It was pretty good. It involves double agents trying to start a third world war. For the first viewing, it leaves you wondering just who is a double agent and who isn't. There's a mystery element to it, which I liked. Of course, once you've seen it and that is spoiled, subsequent viewings are missing some of the charm.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby myau56 » Sat Feb 18, '12, 1:02 pm

The last movie I saw at the cinema was Tucker and Dale Vs Evil (Tucker et Dale fightent le mal in french) : very funny and very bloody so...very funny !!! A good action movie, teen movie and sorta horror movie with a happy end (But I'll tell not more !!;))
Last edited by myau56 on Sat Feb 18, '12, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Films