Last movie you saw?

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Re: Last movie you saw?

Postby H-Man » Tue Nov 2, '10, 12:58 am

Dragonball: Evolution - This was a WONDERFUL...FANTASTIC example of so-bad-it's-good-cinema. Terrible fights, nonsensical story, dialogue so stilted that William H. Macy couldn't save it, horrid acting from the lead...it's all there! (a very generous 4/10)
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Lucas » Tue Nov 2, '10, 4:16 am

Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. It has pretty much nothing to do with the games but I must praise the realistic looking actors, all computer animated mind you. It also made for a nice sci-fi movie.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 2, '10, 10:59 pm

Spirits Within probably would have performed better without the Final Fantasy name on it, I think. On it's own, the movie is pretty good. The CGI is great, especially for the time. It just has nothing to do with Final Fantasy beyond a couple of names.

The last movie I saw was "The Spiderwick Chronicles." I'd been trying to find a copy of it for quite a while. It's a fairly good family movie with a decent blend of real world modern life and fantasy. I wouldn't buy it, but kids would probably enjoy it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wing Eye » Wed Nov 3, '10, 3:13 pm

I just watched Vampires Suck and The Other Guys, Vampires Suck was mediocre at best, but The Other Guys was hilarious! :D
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby Lucas » Sun Nov 14, '10, 9:15 am

I bought the third Predator movie this weekend, titled Predators (notice the "s" on the end). I enjoyed it, the fact it had four of predators in action was really good usually its just the one. It reminded me a lot of the first movie mostly because of the whole creepy jungle setting. Gotta love those unmasked predator's faces. :lol:

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Wing Eye » Mon Nov 15, '10, 3:53 pm

I finally got a chance to see Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, being a huge fan of the books I have to say, I loved the movie, but the books were much better. A lot of the story was cut out in the movie, but I knew that was going to happen since they crammed six books into one movie.
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 15, '10, 6:43 pm

This weekend I watched one of the Disney Ice Age movies. This was the third and newest installment of the Ice Age series. It was titled "Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs". Sort of a kids movie, I guess, but since it's about animals....I enjoyed it. :silly:

I have already seen the two previous versions: "Ice Age", and "Ice Age: The Meltdown". They were fun to watch too.

Now, I just have to look forward to the newest "Ice Age" coming sometime in 2012. It will be called "Ice Age: Continental Drift".

Has anyone else watched any of the "Ice Age" series of movies? If so, did you enjoy them? Who, or what, is your favorite "Ice Age" character? I like them all.

Also, I didn't know it before, but recently read there are some "Ice Age" video games. You can find more info on this at this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Age_(film_series)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby H-Man » Mon Nov 15, '10, 7:03 pm

Ong Bak 3 - A step up from the second film in a number of ways: the story seems a bit more focused, the supporting characters get a little more to do, Tony Jaa gets to do at least a little more than just brood and fight. The action isn't quite as varied as the last film, but Dan Chupong and Tony Jaa do get to do some of the crazy Muay Thai moves that made them so loved in their earlier films. Oh, and the finale is reminiscent of Jet Li's The Tai Chi Master, except that instead of Tai Chi, Jaa uses a Muay-Thai-dance style. Good stuff.

Pom Pom and Hot Hot - This film has a reputation in HK circles for have some of the best gunplay outside of a classic John Woo movie. The gunplay is impressive, although it mainly shows up in the last 15 minutes. Lam Ching-Ying plays the bad-to-the-bone police chief that gives new meaning to that phrase. Oh, there's also a cute up-side down, in-the-air kissing sequence, too. Fun when it wants to be.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Lucas » Sat Nov 19, '11, 8:51 am

It was Ghost Rider I’m pretty sure. I didn’t dislike the movie but some parts felt a little cheap and cheesy. As for Johnny Blaze, he’s a decent character if you ask me.

Lucas
Protector
Protector

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Nov 21, '11, 7:55 pm

I have to agree with Lucas on "Ghost Rider" and the Johnny Blaze character. He's pretty cool...although I think I liked the original Ghost Rider (the one with the horse better :wink:).

I thought they were going to make a sequel to the "Ghost Rider" movie with Nicholas Cage. I wonder whatever happened to that??? Anyone Know??

And, for the last movie I watched, I think it was a Harry Potter movie...not the current one but I think it was the 3rd one. I had not been a Harry Potter fan before watching this 3rd movie, but now I think I'm going to try and go back and watch the previous ones and maybe I'll get caught up to the current one one day soon.

Any Harry Potter movie fans here?? Will I like #1 and #2 and all the others as much as I did #3 ???

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Films