Lassic's Backstory

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Re: Lassic's Backstory

Postby Hukos » Fri Sep 14, '18, 12:05 am

I thought Rolf grew up in an orphanage as per one of the PSII text adventure games? So either his parents were destitute, didn't care at all, or were in positions of power but didn't want to be held back by a child.

Besides, I'd be more curious about who Alis had children with since Rolf is one of her descendants.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby Zio_Falz » Fri Sep 21, '18, 2:03 am

Rolf's parents died in that spaceship crash 10 years ago. Thus, orphaned.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jan 1, '23, 5:35 pm

Lassic is an interesting character.

Thinking about his background history and how things that happened to him could have possibly affected the way he turned out and how he might have changed with different histories, etc.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Mon Jan 2, '23, 11:46 am

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Lassic is an interesting character.

Thinking about his background history and how things that happened to him could have possibly affected the way he turned out and how he might have changed with different histories, etc.
Sure about it ! I agree.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby R-90-2 » Tue Jan 3, '23, 12:34 am

I prefer the first backstory because it's the only one that's plausible, because there are only two entities that know about Algo's nature as a seal. The first is Le Roof of Rykros, and no one had visited Rykros until the protagonists of Phantasy Star IV. The other is the Profound Darkness, and it's doubtful that even the Earthmen or Zio know about it, so it's equally doubtful that Lassic could have discovered things on his own.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby myau56 » Tue Jan 3, '23, 12:55 pm

R-90-2 wrote:I prefer the first backstory because it's the only one that's plausible, because there are only two entities that know about Algo's nature as a seal. The first is Le Roof of Rykros, and no one had visited Rykros until the protagonists of Phantasy Star IV. The other is the Profound Darkness, and it's doubtful that even the Earthmen or Zio know about it, so it's equally doubtful that Lassic could have discovered things on his own.

Interesting point of view ! Never seen from this point.... :idea:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Zio_Falz » Thu Feb 9, '23, 7:28 am

The first story states that Lassic was a benevolent ruler initially, till he fell under dway of the evil cult or Dark Falz.

Now if Alisa's father was King, as in both stories regardless, This means Lassic ruled for all but 14 years, as Alisa is 15 years old herself.

So how many of those 14 years was he a good, benevolent ruler?
To me it sounds more like the Star Wars Ep 1-6. story, where Palpatine was a good benevolent ruler, till the Republic was dissolved, in place of the Empire. And then slowly over time, the senate and thus democracy, was dissolved 19 years after the creation of the Empire.

Perhaps Alis' father as "King of Algol" was more in ceremony than actual power, like the UK or Japan. And that Lassic was Prime Minister or Chancellor who deposed the King and dissolved much of Algo's democracy, except for the regional governors, at least for 14 years. Palpatine did the same thing--he set up hand appointed governors--called "Moffs" to administrate planetary rule, rather than democratic elected leaders.

Long story short, I find my view of the first scenario with these above caveats more likely. He was a Chancellor/Prime Minister, who became corrupted, deposed the ceremonial monarch, and created an Empire than governed from afar utilizing limited official travel, singular planetary governing entities of his choosing, and mot of all, utilizing fear, dragons, medusa, and other supernatural evil things along with Stormtrooper security forces that would gun down civilians for any sort of suspected dissent---that would surely keep people in line.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby myau56 » Fri Feb 10, '23, 11:36 am

Very interesting reflexion about Lassic/Lashiec as a king and why he became a bad ruler, being a good ruler before...and about the time too ! 14 years as a king but how many years as a bad king ?
I like the idea of "was Prime Minister or Chancellor who deposed the King and dissolved much of Algo's democracy" and sure to be a great explanation IMHO.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Zio_Falz » Thu Mar 2, '23, 5:16 am

If he deposed the former king Alisa's father King Ozzel (I think), then how could Lasssic have been a good king? Was King Ozzel an Azzole?
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby myau56 » Sat Mar 4, '23, 12:18 pm

Zio_Falz wrote:If he deposed the former king Alisa's father King Ozzel (I think), then how could Lasssic have been a good king? Was King Ozzel an Azzole?
lol about an Azzole ! :rofl:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star