Legend of the Seeker

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Legend of the Seeker

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jan 12, '09, 3:07 am

Hey everyone! I'm just here pondering about the new television series "Legend of the Seeker" based upon Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth book series.

I have since it started. I have to say it is quite interesting how in the direction they are going with the series and will say that last nights episode "Denna" was a bit of a disapointment to me compared to the book. The Mord-Sith Denna wasn't quite what I expected she should be, but what am I to complain. It's still a good series none-the-less and I'll have to love it the way it is.

So far my favorite episode is "Identity" where [major spoiler of episode: Read at own risk]Richard and another guy switched bodies because Shota, a witch woman cast a spell on them in order to avert a vision which showed the Seeker being killed.

So, does anyone else watch this show as well?
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jan 13, '09, 12:16 am

I really enjoy this program. I may not have seen every episode as yet, but I have seen many of them and I like what I have seen so far. The episode where Richard and the other guy switched was strange, but I can understand why it happened. Last week's episode was even stranger in some respects. I think they could go a long way with this series. I just hope it lasts. Haven't read any of those books, though.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 13, '09, 5:46 am

I think I've seen all of the episodes so far - I missed around three, but I think I caught all of them in reruns later. "Identity" was a really good episode; I liked the first a lot, too. "Denna" was quite disappointing; really, I found it kind of boring.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Sat Jan 17, '09, 5:45 am

I know what you mean Thoul. "Denna" could have been a much better episode. Can't wait for tomorrows episode though!
Atlinsmere

Postby Thoul » Mon Jan 19, '09, 2:09 am

The new episode was much better. I nearly missed it because the local station pushed the airing time back an hour this week.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jan 19, '09, 10:23 am

I have to say that this weeks episode was quite good. It was interesting how they hd the events cmpared to the book. I'll have to see how theevents are laid out in the future episodes.
Atlinsmere

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jan 21, '09, 6:37 am

I thought this past week's episode was very good. This episode seemed to revolve more around the Wizard (or whatever you want to call him) than it did The Seeker and the girl. The previous episode seemed to revolve more around the other two. The cast of characters for this last episode were all extremely interesting, some likeable and some certainly not. It was a good story and ending.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jan 27, '09, 11:25 pm

Anyone see this past week's episode with all the lady confessors?

If so, what did you think about this episode and their belief concerning the male child?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed Jan 28, '09, 2:12 am

That was a good episode. It was a huge departure from the book as far as the setting and having all those other Confessors around, but even so it was really fun to watch. I pretty much agree with everything Richard said in the episode about the male child thing.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Jan 28, '09, 5:09 am

In the books, Kahlan is supposed to be the only confessor, the Mother Confessor at that. And in the books, it is the same thing as the show was in where a male confessor must die. The reason being is that a male confessor lived and went on to start a war IIRC.

But yeah, it was a fun episode to watch. I find it amazing though the route the writer's are taking the show as compared to the books. I just really hope they do a second season.
Atlinsmere

Next

Return to Tubular Television