Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 5, '08, 3:16 am

Was anyone ever into the pokemon games when they were younger? I was, still am actually and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Anyways, pokemone G/S/C has to be the best. You're a trainer starting your journey in New Bark Town (The town where Winds of New Beginnings Blow) in the region called Johto. You travel through Johto taking on challenges from trainers and gym leaders in hopes of one day taking the Johto League challenge. When that day finally comes and you've emerged victorious a new quest begins. You are able to go back to Kanto from the original Pokemon R/B/Y and eventually after defeating all the gym leaders in the Kanto region get to climb victory road where the original Pokemon League champion Red awaits you.

A few years later gamers hacked the newly released Pokemon Fire Red rom of the game. Thus re-creating the wonderful adventure of Johto that is Pokemon Gold. The version is Pokemon Shiny Gold, and it is unknown to this point but Japanese magazines have shown Nintendo DS remake of Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal. It is unknown if they are going to be released soon. From anyone here who actually enjoyed this adventure? Below are some screenshots from the original version and the hack, share your opinions about this great adventure.

Original

Shiny Gold Version

Original Battle

Shiny Gold Battle
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Jan 5, '08, 8:27 am

IMO, that hat style went out years ago. lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 5, '08, 8:56 am

I never played any of the Pokemon games. It just didn't seem like something that would appeal to me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Sun Jan 6, '08, 12:06 am

I really liked the games, I actually have a idea for a short manga.. I was always better at drawing pokemon style characters better than other anime style so maybe ill pick this back up again.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Snorb » Mon Jan 7, '08, 9:25 pm

Ah, Pokemon G/S/C. Fond memories of goign around Jouto getting all eight badges with my Chikorita.

GSC was the best generation- just the right amount of Pokemon (what is it now? 486?), new stuff like breeding/genders, and the PokeGear (which could help you get a Master Ball!).

The only thing I absolutely hate about the game (besides the battle system) is the amount of effort it takes to catch my favorite Pokemon:

This is Clefairy. Innit cute? Hard to catch, but worth it just to say "Yeah, I caught the lil' pink marshmallow dude!"
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jan 8, '08, 2:13 am

My favorite Pokemon games were R/B/Y, though G/S/C wasn't that bad. I just couldn't get into the second series like I could with the first, but I haven't played any other Pokemon games other than that.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Re: Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri Oct 15, '10, 5:32 pm

I'm still into Pokemon to an extent, I still play the main games from time to time, but now I think the anime is too kidlike for my tastes, that and I stopped watching it when they changed the voice actors (but I never really watched it even before that). I never really got into the trading cards.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to actually beat Gold or Silver cause of the saving problem with the battery, but Crystal was one of my faves, along with Red and Blue (and their remakes) and Platinum. I remember leveling my Bayleef (I never bothered evolved him into Meganium for some reason), Mew (which i got with the Mew glitch in Blue), and the legendary beasts to level 100 to beat Red, boy was that a hard battle. I might as well use an emulator for Gold and Silver though.

The remakes HeartGold and SoulSilver were sorta meh imo, especially the music, the pedometer was a nice touch though. If Black and White are anything like those I might not get them (the perfect score on Famitsu might change my mind though). But I really think Nintendo should've made them for the 3DS, the wait would've been worth it IMHO.

If you want to learn some stuff about Pokemon, check out Bulbapedia.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Re: Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Postby Oakley2284 » Fri Oct 15, '10, 5:51 pm

If anyone want to know, we can have mew on a special event that you can download by wi-fi... Get yours today =D
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Return to General Gaming