Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: KFC and Colonel Sanders
PostPosted: Thu Sep 9, '10, 9:34 am 
KFC (aka Kentucky Fried Chicken) has decided to try and reacquaint it's potential customers and others with Colonel Harland Sanders.

What's that you say? Come now, You really don't know who Colonel Sanders is, or was??

Well, let me refresh your memory. Colonel Sanders was the original founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken with his famous secret recipe. The Colonel was also a very popular spokesman for KFC in commercials and other venues. His white hair, white goatee, and white suit are almost as famous as the man himself. His image also used to be found on the wrappings (boxes) of many KFC products, etc.

The Colonel would have celebrated his 120th birthday today.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industrie ... 9_ST_N.htm

So, do you think it's a good move on the part of KFC to revive Colonel Sanders, or not?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 9, '10, 9:54 am 
They should have never downplayed the Colonel in the first place. They essentially dropped a major part of their brand and pretended it didn't exist. That's never a great move.

Imagine if McDonald's decided to stop using Ronald McDonald for ten years. Their connection to kids, one of their core markets, would become non-existent.

KFC has made several poor moves from a PR standpoint. Maybe this is a sign that they'll start picking up some steam. Now, if only the food was improving as much.... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 9, '10, 10:19 am 
Gotta agree with Thoul on this one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 9, '10, 3:29 pm 
Never been much of a KFC fan. I eat their food occasionally, but not terribly often.

Now I want to watch the South Park episode about KFC. >_>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 9, '10, 4:34 pm 
I only know of Colonel Sandurz....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 9, '10, 8:52 pm 
Ome_Joop wrote:I only know of Colonel Sandurz....

That's not the Colonel Sanders of KFC fame. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, '10, 4:30 pm 
Oddly enough, it seems one of the Colonel's first return engagements will be in Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. :o This story has pictures of his in-game model. I guess we can expect to see him roaming around alongside players when this game is released.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, '10, 11:09 pm 
Ha, I love that! :hyper:

Who would have even thunk that KFC's Colonel Sanders and Phantasy Star would ever have anything in common. :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 4, '12, 10:45 pm 
KFC has discovered an autobiography written by Colonel Sanders who started the restaurant! This might be some interesting reading, and there are also some receipes!!

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-revi ... obiography

PostPosted: Sun Jul 1, '12, 10:15 am 
Excellent with Phantasy Star Portable game ! Me I'm really a fan of KFC (Beef Vs Chicken : Chicken is the winner for me ;) ) and it's always interesting to find old authobiographies like that !

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]