Your EGGS: talk about them.

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

How do you like your eggs?

Raw: because I'm strange and I love being sick.
No votes
Hard boiled: because taste is overrated.
No votes
Turned: because it's what normal people do.
No votes
Scrambled: because taste can only be acquired through violence.
50%
Sunny side up: because liquid yolk is the juice of the gods.
33%
Benedictine: because you can't comprehend my finer tastes.
No votes
I don't like eggs: and I should bow my head in shame.
No votes
I'm a vegan and will not partake in your atrocities: you monster.
No votes
Other: because reasons.
17%

Total votes : 6

Your EGGS: talk about them.

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Mar 4, '15, 6:18 pm

Why this pointless topic? Why not.

Eggs are awesome. I like mine sunny side up, salt and pepper with the yolk very still liquid. Once it's in my plate, I carefully cut the white away, take the yolk and put it on a lightly cooked, buttered toast which has no more crust around it and munch it ALL at once.

It's one of the small, useless things in life that truly bring me pleasure.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Re: Your EGGS: talk about them.

Postby Bragatyr » Wed Mar 4, '15, 7:59 pm

Eggs are definitely good. I find that I can't do them too often, because they have a strong taste, but when prepared right in the right setting, like in Subway's egg white flat bread sandwich, they're divine. I prefer them scrambled when cooking, both because I like the taste and because I can't (or won't) cook and they're easy to make.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 4, '15, 10:07 pm

I voted for scrambled eggs also. Occasionally I also like them fried (and very done) or hard boiled. A family member only likes the whites fried with the yolks removed. Not always easy removing the yolk from the whites without some of the yolk splitting.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Icecypher » Thu Mar 5, '15, 10:09 pm

My faves are "sunny side up". I like the yellow thing to mix with the rest before eating them.

I also like hard eggs (which I mostly find in restaurants with a salad bar).

And I liked scrambled eggs with sausage bits. And scrambled eggs without sausage bits, too, but somewhat less.

When I visit my mom, she always prepares at least one of these variations for me. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Mar 6, '15, 2:15 am

Sunny side up. And the cats love licking up the yolk too.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Rylen » Fri Mar 6, '15, 6:09 pm

Because of my blood sugar issues.. I have taken to making eggs and bacon in the morning. Please keep in mind that I don't use the stove top because for what ever reason I am out right terrified of it. (Mind you I have a bigger risk of getting burned touching a hot pan in the oven..) So I cook my bacon in the oven. Cook my eggs in the microwave. I can do semi poached or scrambled. I find I like the scrambled with a decent amount of real cheese on top. Kind of creates a mini omelet.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby Icecypher » Mon Mar 9, '15, 4:02 pm

Rylen, you should see me trying to turn over a tortilla.

I mostly put them halfway falling from the stove, so I have enough space to grab them without burning myself. Then I slowly reach for it as it it were going to bite me or something.

Really, I dislike heat and will likely never be good at using the stove.
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Snorb » Mon Mar 9, '15, 4:47 pm

Omelets are awesome. I used to go to a diner every Saturday night with some now ex-friends and get a ham and cheese omelet with hash browns. (This is one of the perks of living in New Jersey, folks!)

Unfortunately for me, the two Wawas near my house do not have omelets (at least, not traditional ones; you can get pre-made egg white omelets instead) but they do have scrambled eggs which you can combine with a meat onto a six inch breakfast hoagie. The scrambled eggs are just broken up scrambled egg patties from their breakfast sandwiches, but what the hell, it's usually 4:30 in the morning when I buy them and I'm not in any mood to be picky, I'm hungry and need to be in at work at 5 am, but I am going to complain because the damn things tend to get spread around my driver and passenger seat on the way to work.

EDIT: The IHOP near me is a place my friends and go to for breakfast after a LAN party; one of my friends and I got scrambled eggs, two of my other friends got sunny-side-up, or as he put it, "This side of the table got the adult eggs, your side got the kids' eggs."
Last edited by Snorb on Mon Mar 9, '15, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Icecypher » Mon Mar 9, '15, 6:31 pm

However, "sunny side up" has a more kiddish-sounding name than "scrambled", don't you think?
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Neifirst » Tue Mar 10, '15, 12:15 am

I make my eggs kinda weirdly, idk. So I usually mix together the yolk and white beforehand, and then I cook it without scrambling it at all in olive oil. I usually add a TON of garlic, usually some basil and a few other spices depending on what I feel like. They taste pretty good with curry spices, too.
Neifirst
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 20

Return to Delectable Delicacies