Just like a little brother!

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

View Gallery Page

Re: Just like a little brother!

Postby Lucas » Tue Jul 13, '10, 6:59 am

Xander wrote:Thanks Lucas. How come you haven't uploaded anything to the gallery in a while? I like your drawings, the Elisa-Le-Farg one is pretty cute looking in particular. :D Plus I'd like to see how they'd turn out in colour.

Hey thanks dude. I’ve actually got a few waiting but I don’t have a scanner. What I do is take a photo of my drawings and upload them that way. But my camera is having some photos developed so I have to wait to get it back. Hopefully soon my friend. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Tanith » Tue Jul 13, '10, 7:14 am

Atlinsmere wrote:I find it hard to believe you only been doing this for 3 weeks.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I mean, if this is what you're producing at three weeks and it keeps getting better each time, you'll have this down pat in no time.

I'm not good with constructive criticism because I'm so very not artsy at all. So I'll just lavish you with praise and say this is one of your best pieces so far, seriously. I especially love how sweet Kyra looks here.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Xander » Tue Jul 13, '10, 12:25 pm

Ah I remember you mentioning that somewhere already Lucas. My bad. :p I wondered why the pictures were a little dark looking. I take it you don't have any means of altering the image, like upping the brightness and contrast? That might help counter it. :)

Tanith, no worries about feedback. If you don't know much about something then you can't help it. I try and remind myself how I started every now and then. It's always good to look back at my earlier work for that. I'm kind of excited about my next piece because I'll be putting some new techniques I intend to practice to the test as well.

Anyhoo, again, thanks for the feedback everyone. It really does mean a lot to me. :D
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jul 13, '10, 8:41 pm

Xander, your work here is terrific. I agree with Lucas, and like the comedic appeal to this one. You are progressing very nicely in such a short time. Keep up the good work! :clap:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 14, '10, 12:07 am

I can't wait to see what else you create with Chaz, Xan. Maybe the "I'll whup ya!" scene between Rune and Chaz?

No pressure, though! ^^
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 14, '10, 3:36 pm

haha! :D Well I'm always open to suggestions and ideas RW and you've just added one, even if It's just going from the CG scene to the paper. :p Besides, working from a CG scene is something I've only done once before with my Amy 'of doom' piece. Should be a good one and a change of pace.

That makes 2 or 3 pieces to do now......I think. I know what the next one is but I can't remember if there was another one. Ah well. There is now. The next one is going to be an original piece with some cute factor added in, if it comes out right. I've been meaning to practice for it but things just keep popping up. :shiftyeyes: I intend to get started tomorrow at the latest and get the piece itself started on friday once my new pencils arrive.

EDIT: oh oh! Now I remember. The second piece was to be an experiment in CG colouring one of my earlier pieces. I realised it may be possible with my software. I usually scan them in B&W before I colour the drawings so I can keep them for later. I think it was going to be my Rika piece, seeing how the colours are fairly simple.
Last edited by Xander on Wed Jul 14, '10, 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Previous

Return to Artwork