Choose the Ending!

Discover the secret of Mother Brain's technological advanced world.

Which Ending Should Tanith Write?

Happy Ending
71%
Bittersweet Ending
29%

Total votes : 14

Choose the Ending!

Postby Tanith » Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:21 pm

Dearest Fringers:

This is your opportunity to participate in the making of my cheesy Rudo/Amy fic, Warming Up. I swear this isn't a ploy to get you to read my fic, only if you've been following it now you can have a say in its outcome. Exciting, right? Well, I think so. :D

So here's the deal. Rudo and Amy are in wuv, Algol is on the brink of destruction, their future is highly uncertain, and...

YOU DECIDE!!!

I have ideas for two endings. Without spoiling them, here's what you get to vote on:

1) The happy ending. Though this is PSII we're talking about, so it's "happy" as in, "not as crappy as it could be; at least we [not going to spoil what it is]."

2) Totally bittersweet ending full of tears, but not typical "everything bad that could happen, happened" cliché anime ending.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Re: Choose the Ending!

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:25 pm

One or the other, eh? My, decisions, decisions!

I'm a total sucker for a good tragedy; a tragic ending would be dramatic and intense, but I also love the feel-good sweetness of a happy ending... y'know, something that will leave the audience saying, "D'aaaaaaw."

Man, this is a toughy...

How about... both? :lol:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Tanith » Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:30 pm

I almost forgot: This ending will actually be the epilogue, and it will take place during PSIV's time. Both of them. So, they're both a look back on past events.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:32 pm

Tanith wrote:I almost forgot: This ending will actually be the epilogue, and it will take place during PSIV's time. Both of them. So, they're both a look back on past events.

:yikes: That is an awesome idea!

Well, okay, how about this - since the ending of PSII is um, pretty tragic, how about the ending to the fanfic is more of a happy one, filled with hope?

Whatcha think, T-chan? :D
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:38 pm

Ha! T-chan! I'm loving all the channing going on today (man, I need to go to bed).

I really love the vision I have for the happy ending. It's so sweet and "AWW!!" and makes my heart happy (I am SUCH a girl) AND I SWEAR IT'S NOT CHEESY (*ahem* disclaimer), but the bittersweet one pulls me in that "Wow, that's just... OMG, I'm going to cry!" sort of way.

*sigh* That's why I need y'all's help.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:43 pm

I'm wondering if I should inquire about storyline specifics...

Hm. Well, it's a tough call, but what do you think would be the more beautiful ending? Would a tragic one be more shocking/groundbreaking? Or would a happy ending totally satisfy, like a snickers bar? :D
Last edited by Rune_Walsh on Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Wed Jul 7, '10, 4:58 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:Hm. Well, it's a tough call, but what do you think would be the more beautiful ending?
EXCELLENT question. I'm so glad you're around right now. I would never have thought to ask myself that.

As for the "feel" of the two endings... just a sec. Let me visualize them then tell you what they remind me of.

Happy ending: Coming in from a really biting cold day and putting your feet up to a fire, wrapping yourself in an already toasty blanket. Looking outside and seeing the moonlit snow and contemplating how pretty it is, but thankful you're enjoying it from a warm place.

Bittersweet ending: The feeling you get when you've returned from visiting really special, wonderful place that just feels "right," but you know you will never be able to go there again.

(By the way, welcome to my Pisces brain! :D)
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 7, '10, 5:03 pm

Oh, you water signs... always so deep. ^^

Dang, I can empathize with your dilemma here, this is a tough call. The way you've described the happy ending, though, is very descriptive, so I may have to go with the happy ending.

Okay, I'm voting on it!
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Postby Tanith » Wed Jul 7, '10, 5:09 pm

Rune_Walsh wrote:Oh, you water signs... always so deep. ^^
I know. We have to feel everything. We're so weird. :D (Rudo is a Cancer, btw! And Odin is a Pisces (what the heck?). I really need to update my astrology thread.)
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Postby Rune_Walsh » Wed Jul 7, '10, 5:14 pm

Tanith wrote:
Rune_Walsh wrote:Oh, you water signs... always so deep. ^^
I know. We have to feel everything. We're so weird. :D (Rudo is a Cancer, btw! And Odin is a Pisces (what the heck?). I really need to update my astrology thread.)

Totally. And you really should update that thread! I wonder if Rune is a gemini, he strikes me as one. And Lutz... maybe a cancer? No - sagittarius!
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Phantasy Star II