Super Dogs from Aideo... Wait.... *!?!?

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Super Dogs from Aideo... Wait.... *!?!?

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 7, '07, 10:42 pm

Lets review..

1. Party visits Krup at level 8 or so.
2. Party sees fat dog..
3. Fast forward 10-14 levels in the future
4. Tinkerbells parents post a Missing Dog flier... in the hunters guild?
5. Party reluctantly takes the offer and visits tinkerbells parents.
6. Mom tells party that dog likes sweets.
7. Party visits Krup and fails to capture dog.
8. Dog runs away to Monsen
9. Party purchases shortcake
10. Party finds dog at Monsen, distracts it with shortcake, and captures dog.
11. Dog is returned to tinkerbell and eveyone is happy except for the dog.

Now that we have the facts, we can discuss the WTFness of this situation.
First of all.. The dog is fat. How can a fat dog like that run to Krup? Not only are there swarms of Bio-monsters that would love to make the dog a scooby-snack, but I can recall walking a great distance between Krup and Aideo. I've heard about dogs journeying great distances to their owners.. but away from their owners?
Second, once we fail to capture our overweight canine companion, the mutt SOMEHOW manages to CROSS the largest sand pit in Motavia!!! I can understand Rune and Grandfather Dorin crossing the pit, after all, they posess Magic. But a DOG!?!? Our heroes had to aquire a Land-Rover in order to pass over the said pit. Mind you, this land-rover has tank treads. The dog in camparison, has four pudgey legs. So.. After crossing the sandpit, I couldn't help but notice how much stronger the monsters were. We have Fanbites... giant purple */preying mantis/locust things that stand taller than Gryz. We have infant worms. that will dive underground and come back up as SANDWORMS! I'll move on. Our heroes enter Monsen and stop dead in their tracks when they see this miraculouly untouched dog sitting happily by a fence. I'm sure by now that even DEmi is like "*"? Not wasteing any time to question the unlikelyhood of this situation Chaz tackles the fat mutt, casts Ryuka and rushes to Aideo. Though our heroes are dumbfounded, the little girl, Tinkerbell, thinks nothing of the fact that her dog survived the harshness of the world. At this point, I'd just let the dog run free. When you make THIS kind of an effort to run away from home, you DESERVE to be away from home.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Wed Nov 7, '07, 10:51 pm

Wow, just wow. Maybe the dog is like Dark Force of something. Maybe it posseses the technique RUNLIKEMAD! lol, I mean how fast it goes when it escapes you at Krup! ZOOOM! That would explain how it could run on quicksand, and how it escapes the monsters so easily. BUT ITS A FAT DOG! XDDDDDD
It must have happened in either of 3 ways.
1: The dog had a lot of stored up energy and could run for miles, having good strong legs from running from whatever kind of demon the owner is.
2: It got REALLY terrified of seeing a group of giants wielding guns, claws, swords, and whatever else they had with them, and ran. Plus they would come up in a car they pulled out of their pocket thats the size of the town. XD
3: It stowed away on your parked Landrover, and when you got to the next town it hopped out and went to wherever you find it. Sneaky little fat thing...
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Wed Nov 7, '07, 10:53 pm

*! XD
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Tsunami » Wed Nov 7, '07, 11:50 pm

The story of the dog's life...

It runs away from home (and the little girl who harassed him), eventually ending up in Krup, where people feed it and fatten it up more. Once the dog isn't being fed anymore, it moves on, running into the massive quicksand field east of Krup.

What does the chubby puppy do? He uses his body fat to float across! And once he had crossed the quicksand, he waddled up to Monsen, where he rested until he was caught off guard when the party offers him cake. Then, he's taken away to Aiedo, where the little girl chases him around.

An explanation for the dog magically avoiding/surviving enemies... The dog secretly knew the YUMMY tech, turning enemies into edible delights! So this would place the dog at the top of Motavia's food chain. *nods*

Okay, I made up the floating part some other stuff. Obviously. :p
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Heikabuchi » Thu Nov 8, '07, 12:04 am

Tsunami wrote:he waddled up to Monsen,
*!!!! XDDDD :rofl: I love it!! I wonder If Chaz learns the Yummy tech.. >_>;;
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 8, '07, 3:51 am

I heard that Rocky was originally going to be a recruitable character and used the Feeve technique for instant kills. But he was too powerful and removed all challenge from the game, so the devs replaced him with Seth. :p
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:48 am

Thoul wrote:I heard that Rocky was originally going to be a recruitable character and used the Feeve technique for instant kills. But he was too powerful and removed all challenge from the game, so the devs replaced him with Seth. :p
Did he also start off with the Guardian Collar? :mrgreen:
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 8, '07, 8:39 am

That's right. :lol: The in-game description of it said "Repels fleas, ticks, and biomonsters better than other brands." :wink:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 8, '07, 5:27 pm

RUNLIKEMAD, floating across, YUMMY... those are great! :rofl: :rofl:

I felt sorry for the poor dog, having to go back to that home and deal with that mean child after finally getting away. How long do you think he waited before escaping again? :hmm:

These are the things I thought of that Rocky might be:
1) The doggie version of Lutz, Rocky is secretly Barkz the ancient doggie wizard!
2) He's got a hidden stash of telepipes and uses escapipe pipes to run from Aiedo. :sneaky:
3) Stick a cape on him and call him Rocky the Super Dog.
4) All those people turned to stone in Zema? It wasn't Zio. It was Rocky when they fed him bad food! :medusa:
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:47 pm

OMG thats how he did it! He had been bought in Monsen by the family and got his hands on a telepipe! Thats how he did it!
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV