Citizenship Test

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Citizenship Test

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jul 4, '09, 10:38 pm

Do you think you could pass a citizenship test?

Try this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25461301/?GT1=43001
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Citizenship Test

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jul 4, '09, 11:15 pm

I only missed the first one. For some reason, I thought the answer was Madison, not Jefferson. Oops. I get all the various documents and everything the Founders wrote mixed up a lot of the time, but now I'll probably remember that one. But even so, if I wasn't already a citizen, I'd pass this.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jul 4, '09, 11:52 pm

Congrats, Caged Wolf, on doing so well! :clap:

I think I missed a few of them. If I remember correctly, I got about 65% right, or something like that. Funny thing, though, even the ones I missed, I really knew almost all of them but I just wasn't all that sure, lol. I'd say there were one or two that I really just didn't know at all. It was a fun test.

Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jul 5, '09, 12:04 am

Heh, thanks, Silver. :)
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Tweeg » Sun Jul 5, '09, 2:28 am

:bang: I didn't remember most of that stuff apparently. Only scored 40% correct. Wasn't aware they'd upped the number of representatives and Supreme Court justices... and apparently I'm very rusty on all aspects of the Constitution aside from the fairly easy to remember "right to keep and bare arms" part. And Susan B. Anthony, all this time I had just assumed she'd been the linguistics interpretor for the previous dollar coin inhabitant... guess she's one of the many people left out of the history text books.
WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL --- SEGA
PSO Archive
Tweeg
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 52

Postby Thoul » Sun Jul 5, '09, 4:13 pm

I missed 6, so I received 70%. Not too bad, considering history was never one of my strongest subjects. I had to guess on a few of them, like the Chief Justice.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jul 6, '09, 8:29 am

HAHA! I got 35%. That's okay though, I'm happy enough being Canadian.

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

My answer to their question, "not really" but don't take it personally.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Srijita » Mon Jul 6, '09, 4:37 pm

Hilariously, I scored 90% on this quiz, missing only the number of US representatives (which I overestimated; c'mon, the more the merrier!) and the name of the Chief Justice. Since I'm not a US citizen and haven't attended a history class since I was fourteen, it just goes to show what sheer guesswork and American television can achieve. Given that I'm not usually a good guesser, due credit must go to HBO for John Adams and Aaron Sorkin for The West Wing. :lol:

In case it isn't obvious from my first name, I'm Indian.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis
Srijita
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 15

Postby Darkil » Mon Jul 6, '09, 5:08 pm

Lol well I got 45%. Kind of a shame really but I can honestly say that this part of history bored me to tears in school so I didn't pay attention too much. It's funny to me because History, along with English, was one of my better subjects.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Return to Casual Conversation