Its all about Phantasy Star

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Its all about Phantasy Star

Postby Celeith » Fri Aug 15, '08, 8:49 pm

Yup thats right its all about Phantasy Star. This is the part of the show >.> where you explain your adventures in whatever Phantasy Star game you are currently playing. Since I am making this board at work and I dont get off for another 3hrs I'll begin my adventures probably when I get home. I shall begin playing with Phantasy Star I Generations. Hope to hear stories of your adventures as well my friends.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby hugues » Fri Aug 15, '08, 9:29 pm

I have a couple Phantasy Star III related activities at the moment..

The first is working on the calendar wallpaper for 2009. I'd like to wrap that up in the fall. The other is poking around to see if I can decipher how map data is stored. The next thing I want to add to Aridia is map editing but it's a tough thing to figure out.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Celeith » Sat Aug 16, '08, 4:45 am

I finally found the Naula Cave key and obtained the shortcake to meet the Governor of Paseo. My current levels right now are 15 with all character. The Shadow in the dream slaughtered my characters doing a massive 358 damage to each character. I will treck through the next dungeon and get Lutz at a later date. I shall keep everyone updated with my progress.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 17, '08, 2:23 am

My latest thing has been getting some more PSIV screens for the image of the day. It's actually been a bit of a problem. I fiddled with the emulator settings and how I have to take screenshots them at double size or they're mashed together and poor quality. I even tried Genecyst (which I finally got to work for the first time in a year or two), but the screenshots it makes are filled with random noise. Urgh.

I need to pick up Generation 1 again and get some more screens from that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Sun Aug 17, '08, 5:16 am

My latest thing is playing PSIII in generation three with Crys. So far I just found Laya's pendant and completed the Mystoke Dungeon. Now I'm just leveling up all my characters before I go any further because its the last generation and things are bound to be difficult. Otherwise I been editing some pics and making banners and stuff. EG: my signature. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby hugues » Mon Aug 25, '08, 12:11 am

Thoul wrote:I even tried Genecyst (which I finally got to work for the first time in a year or two), but the screenshots it makes are filled with random noise. Urgh.

That's weird, of all the emulators Genecyst is the one I've found to be most reliable for screenshots. What OS are you running? Maybe it's a case of bad DOS support. I had a problem like this in Gens and it was magically fixed when I deleted all the configuration files and started fresh.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Rune_Walsh » Mon Aug 25, '08, 10:36 am

I'm currently playing PS IV again, for inspiration.^^

Right now, I just finished a sketch of Rune and Wren, and I plan on coloring it with my new tablet.

I have some other Phantasy Star art ideas that I plan on doing also, in the near future.

I'm also in the process of writing some fanfiction based on a Rune/Rika romance (yeah, you heard right) and I'm eleven chapters along. I'll have to downplay it, though, to submit it on this site - it's not exactly "G" rated... :misspeak:
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Thoul » Mon Aug 25, '08, 11:00 pm

hugues wrote:That's weird, of all the emulators Genecyst is the one I've found to be most reliable for screenshots. What OS are you running? Maybe it's a case of bad DOS support. I had a problem like this in Gens and it was magically fixed when I deleted all the configuration files and started fresh.

WinXP. The noise isn't that noticeable without zooming, but when I'm looking for accurate shots for the site, it's too much. I usually use Gens because it has brighter colors on the screenshots, but now it has that compacted screen problem. It never had the noise issue for me, though. I was mainly trying Genecyst again for the layer disabling abilities. I really wish Gens had that feature.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Tue Aug 26, '08, 9:48 am

I'm replaying through PSIV so far I'm back up to Darkforce 1 and I recently defeated PSIII for my second time sunday last week. I've also been writing a couple of new Phantasy Star blogs for my myspace phan page. :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lemina » Thu Aug 28, '08, 6:30 pm

Phantasy star activities? Well, now that my sister is getting Swap magic for our PS2, I'm rather interested in netting the Phantasy Star generation games. Wish me luck in finding them!

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Next

Return to Classic Series