It's that music thread!

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Re: It's that music thread!

Postby myau56 » Mon Feb 10, '14, 10:03 pm

Bible belt ? As an ancient history student and history professor now, I have known about this term ! Stereotypes ? Unfortunately, there are everywhere in the world, and especially in some places...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Feb 19, '14, 2:38 pm

Another show has emerged on the horizon for me. Friday, May 16 (which is the Friday of my finals week, talk about good luck), Mastodon at the Worcester Palladium! Now, let's be honest…I'm not going for Mastodon (and hey, I do enjoy Mastodon!) as much as I am for one of their two supporting bands…GOJIRA!!!!! Those guys are just riding on L'enfant sauvage as much as they can, and I hope they keep doing so. Considering it was among the most lauded albums in the metal community that came out in 2012, and for very good reason, I want them to get as much exposure as they can.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Wed Feb 19, '14, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Apr 1, '14, 1:38 pm

So, a sort of big thing in metal today (and certainly for me, as I love these guys), as the new Sonata Arctica album, Pariah's Child, is now out in the US! I just bought it and will probably listen to it today. I'm willing to admit I have pretty high hopes for this album…both singles were good, especially 'The Wolves Die Young'. I found their 2012 release, Stones Grow Her Name, to be an overall improvement over their previous two, Unia and The Days of Grays (funny thing is, I find the latter to be my least favorite album of theirs, yet it also has my absolute favorite song of theirs on it - I guess that one really good song makes the rest of the album seem even weaker). Plus, their old logo is back!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Previous

Return to Tootin' Tunes