It's that music thread!

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Re: It's that music thread!

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Feb 1, '14, 3:55 pm

I've got my next show tonight…Amon Amarth, Enslaved and Skeletonwitch at the House of Blues in Boston! I'm excited for this one!!!! \m/ I'll probably have pictures to post tomorrow. I have tickets for mezzanine seating (fine with me, I prefer to stay out of the pit due to my small size and recovering knee) and my boyfriend and I are going with a friend of ours from New Hampshire. Let's see if these guys can top the Gojira show from last February...
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby myau56 » Sat Feb 1, '14, 7:38 pm

Good show !!! Hope you'll have a great time, even if I don't know the groups you are going to see ! But I'll take a look :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Feb 2, '14, 5:03 am

Welp. That was good. That was GOOD. I still can't grant Amon Amarth (or Enslaved or Skeletonwitch) the honor of being better than Gojira, but they were easily on par with Sabaton. Also helps that the House of Blues has better acoustics compared to the other venues I've been to. But yeah, link to my imageshack album below of my pictures. All three bands had a backdrop consisting of their latest album cover art. If you want to know which band you're looking at, see the backdrop and there's your clue. ;) They uploaded in reverse order of when I took them, so the Amon Amarth pictures are first, followed by Enslaved then Skeletonwitch. All three had good set lists and songs I was hoping to hear. Skeletonwitch played I am of Death, Enslaved did both Thoughts Like Hammers and Roots of the Mountain. The pleasant surprise was Amon Amarth playing Death In Fire, which I did not expect to hear, and besides that, I heard many other songs I wanted to like Cry of the Blackbird, Destroyer of the Universe, and Deceiver of the Gods. Naturally, Twilight of the Thunder God was their encore. An Amon Amarth show without that song is like a Gojira show without Flying Whales. It just shouldn't exist. I got two shirts…one Skeletonwitch, one Amon Amarth. I may or not get around to showing them off, but I got home not too long ago and I am wiped out. So maybe another time for those.

https://imageshack.com/a/iFYq/1
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun Feb 2, '14, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Sun Feb 2, '14, 10:36 am

Great to hear that the concert was ...GREAT ! :) On par with Sabaton ? So it must be a very good band !
I'll link to...your link ! I want to see the pictures taken. : 99 images ! Wahou ! Hope you were able to hear the concerts too ^^ Great photos, congratulations Wolf Bird !
No problem for the tshirts ! Take all the time you need and take a good nap and rest :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Feb 5, '14, 4:25 pm

I could hear them. It's really hard to NOT hear them because it's always really loud, to the point that earplugs are a good idea.

And when I say 'on par' I'm judging them on how good they are as performers, not necessarily on how much I like the music itself; I'm considering things like the visual aspects of the show, how are the band members as performers, and how tightly/cleanly/generally well can they perform their music. Amon Amarth's music is completely different from Sabaton's. Yes, they're both metal bands, but melodic death metal is very different from power metal, so trying to judge which is 'better'…well, you can't really do it.

Wolf Bird

Postby myau56 » Wed Feb 5, '14, 9:50 pm

I know whaat you're saying about the difficulty about judging which band is the best and to try to makee a sort of ranking ! As for me, I'm mostly into melodic metal (not too hard !) but it's cool to be able to like both of them :)
As for the show and visual aspects, I can't judge them as I have never seen one of thos bands in any concert ! :( I'm not a concert fan , I prefer to listen to the lbums :) (yes I know that this is strange ! ;) ).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Hukos » Thu Feb 6, '14, 9:23 pm

Honestly I'd kill to have one of my favorites come anywhere near me.

Unfortunately, metal generally isn't very popular in the Southeast, so welp.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby myau56 » Thu Feb 6, '14, 9:53 pm

Hukos wrote:Honestly I'd kill to have one of my favorites come anywhere near me.

Unfortunately, metal generally isn't very popular in the Southeast, so welp.

Why specifically in the southeast ??
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Hukos » Thu Feb 6, '14, 10:05 pm

Because that's where I live.
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby myau56 » Thu Feb 6, '14, 10:14 pm

I know that ! :lol: But why specifically in the part of the country where you live ! That was my question ! Tied to Metal only :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

PreviousNext

Return to Tootin' Tunes