Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, '09, 12:15 am 
I came across a story sort of in the spirit of the recent rare comic topic. Another rare book was recently sold for a large amount. Not a comic book, but this time it was a first edition of the first Harry Potter book. Guess how much it went for?

It went for $19,120! The book only came out in 1997, but it's already fetching nearly 20 grand for barely more than a decade. Amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, '09, 4:05 am 
Yikes, they must have been a real true Harry Potter fan to spend that much money. I wonder if the book was personally signed by Rowling or had anything else that made it so special????

No way would I spend that much money for a book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, '09, 7:05 pm 
Wow, that must have been one desperate Potter fan. I understand wanting a little piece of history of your favorite book series, but that's really extreme. :rofl:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, '09, 6:28 am 
Lemina wrote:Wow, that must have been one desperate Potter fan. I understand wanting a little piece of history of your favorite book series, but that's really extreme. :rofl:

Especially since you can still buy the books. Not the first edition of course, but still @_@

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, '09, 7:12 pm 
Good grief! That is amazing that in a little over 10 years this book has become such a collectible. I do understand it's first edition, but like others have said here...that is some desperation indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, '09, 6:18 pm 
Wow what a lucky person ... maybe it's time to do some used book browsing looking for first editions :o

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]