New photos and stuff

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

New photos and stuff

Postby Xander » Sat Nov 6, '10, 9:33 pm

As some of you know, I had a little camp planned these past days. Sadly the weather hampered all attempts at photography until this morning when I was actually leaving. You can't win them all, they say.

Anyway, here's what I've got from it:

Inside each bothy is a logbook that you can sign and such if you feel like it. I wonder who wrote this entry?

This is what I first saw when I stepped out the door this morning. Quite a tame chap actually.

This is actually taken from the starting point, only it wasn't pouring of rain this time and the water was nice and still.
You might recognise this loch from some of my other photos. I actually quite like coming to this area, it lets you go all over the highlands if you're willing to take a few days for the travel.

Other things that I was unable to photograph included the sunrise this morning, because I had left my tripod at home and this camera is terrible at low light photography. And something I haven't seen since I was 9 due to light pollution, a perfect view of a star studded sky. You'd be amazed what you can see when there's no interference from other light sources.

having done this walk a few times already, the hike along the loch can be a long and sometimes boring slog, taking up to 2 hours. This time however, I was lucky when someone who lives in a house further down the loch pulled up behind me and offered to give me a lift to the point where the road cuts up into the mountains. I had been going for half an hour at that point, so 2 hours became 45 minutes. :D

The only downside was that nobody had left any fuel in the bothy bar a few fire-starters so I sat freezing until 8PM, alone because none of my friends had bothered to come out and meet me as promised, when a group of cyclists appeared with plenty supplies including coal. Yay.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: New photos and stuff

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Nov 6, '10, 9:34 pm

So beautiful. Really. The fog especially. Great photos, as usual. :)
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby H-Man » Sat Nov 6, '10, 9:35 pm

I'm with CW. The orographic fog is marvelous. Nice picture of the dear/elk/buck whatever.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Xander » Sat Nov 6, '10, 9:42 pm

Ah that wasn't fog, that was rain! :D

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Solar » Sat Nov 6, '10, 10:17 pm

Not as impressive as your previous hiking photos, but still nice. Maybe because this kind of terrain is what I've often hiked in and hence seen myself. The crystal clear, still lake is a thing of beauty, though, with the sun shining on it, no less.

By the way, I can't make several points out of your handwriting. :P
Last edited by Solar on Sat Nov 6, '10, 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Solar
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 89

Postby Xander » Sat Nov 6, '10, 10:41 pm

Yes well, as if my handwriting isn't bad enough as is, writing with cold hands makes it worse. :p As I said, the main problems with the photos was the weather and lighting. It just didn't want to work for me at all this time.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Nov 7, '10, 2:49 am

Beautiful photos, Xander! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. My first thought was "where's the snow?" :wink: Guess it's all gone for now, huh.

Wow, what a beautiful site to wake up and see first thing in the morning. The deer is beautiful and the mountains behind are simply breathtaking! Nature can be amazing!!!

Glad to hear that someone came along and helped out so you weren't left freezing for too very long. The log book sounds interesting, and, I can read your handwriting pretty well. Everyone who reads it or looks at it will know about Rika and Fringes of Algo now....fantastic!!!

Sounds like a great trip and time away, even with a few little problems. Hope you enjoyed it, Xander! But, it's good to have you back with us! :)
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Jack Lias » Sun Nov 7, '10, 3:11 am

You should replace that animal's head with Rika's head.

Nah, just kidding. They're nice pictures, but they make me feel like I'm in purgatory. There's nothing in them.
Jack Lias
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 34

Postby Xander » Sun Nov 7, '10, 10:29 am

That would depend on what you'd expect to see. This area would have been very different about 2000 years ago before a change in the climate caused the forests to die en-masse. After that, it gets wet, marshes and bogs start to appear and the wildlife moves in.

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 8, '10, 9:25 pm

Sometimes the weather gets the better of us all. At least you did get some nice pictures, with that deer and the still loch. :) I wonder when we'll get a new member who joined because they saw that logbook entry. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Next

Return to Artwork