Is Anyone Getting A DSI?

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Postby LordShibas » Wed Mar 25, '09, 1:33 pm

I've never run into this problem with GBA games since I bought all of mine new and sealed, but I remember people whinning about getting fake games before on the gamefaq GBA boards.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they weren't ganking the GBA slot, but they are, and then trying to re-sell the games. It's like Nintendo saw how lucrative the GBA market still is, and now they want to screw us and charge us for the games again. I know I had zero interest in GBA games until I got my DS Lite. With the access to the better DS screen, I was able to play the GBA games that I wanted to try, and I'm sure this happened to many other people as well.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Schala Zeal » Wed Mar 25, '09, 1:46 pm

Thoul wrote:Nintendo has finally confirmed that the online game store for the DSi will offer Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games, similar to the Virtual Console on the Wii. I bet they removed the GBA slot just so they could sell those games again.

I've also read that Nintendo is trying to get companies to develop smaller applications for the online store. It sounds like stuff similar to what's on the iPhone and similar devices. Sega was taking a stab at the mobile markets a few years ago, so maybe we'll see something interesting from them along those lines.

Wow, that actually sounds appealing. I still have many of my GBA games, but that store will make getting some old games much easier! ...Too bad I just bought a DS lite. I'll probably wait a few years before I buy this system. ._.
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Lemina » Tue Mar 31, '09, 3:25 am

Thoul wrote:It's not that bad of an idea for them, really. I think it's Nintendo's way of trying to cut out the used game market. GBA games are apparently really easy to counterfeit, so the market on places like eBay is flooded with fake copies. Some people won't buy used GBA games because of that. At least with an online service from Nintendo, you know you're getting the real game and it will actually work.

I was totally unaware of this. Good thing I never buy cartridge based games off of Ebay.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Previous

Return to Tech and Design