Rambo no more

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Rambo no more

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue May 4, '10, 6:39 pm

Actor/Writer/etc., Sylvestor Stallone has said he's 99% sure he will do no more Rambo films:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.as ... &gt1=28101

:( :cry: :grumpy: :fiery: :down:

Oh well, We'll just have to cling to that 1% window that he left open there.

Personally, I see a lot of things they can do with Rambo yet.

Anyone else have any comments or opinions on whether or not they should finish with Rambo or do another movie(s)?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Rambo no more

Postby Thoul » Tue May 4, '10, 8:29 pm

I can see how it might be difficult to continue Rambo's story. He started out as a person who had no place to go and so wandered the world, but at the end of the last film he finally went home. Getting him back out into another adventure would take just the right kind of story.

I'm sure the character will probably return in some form eventually. Perhaps there will be a remake or a new actor in the role. Stallone is getting up there in years. Rambo would be pretty old in any new film, so perhaps casting a younger actor in the part would allow the franchise to continue.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue May 4, '10, 8:54 pm

Thoul wrote:I'm sure the character will probably return in some form eventually. Perhaps there will be a remake or a new actor in the role. Stallone is getting up there in years. Rambo would be pretty old in any new film, so perhaps casting a younger actor in the part would allow the franchise to continue.

Yes, Stallone is getting older. I'm sure that has to be a factor involved in deciding whether or not to do any more movies, or how many to do, etc. Casting a younger actor seems like a wise choice, however, as in "Rocky", Stallone has made the character of "Rambo" his, and it is doubtful if anyone else can play or continue on with the role, atleast in whether it will be as successful as the franchise has been so far. Ending on a high note, such as with "Rambo 3" (I think that was the last one) may be the way to go.

That said, I think if they could find a younger actor who fans could identify with on some level as being Rambo that it just might work. To me an excellent idea would be to have Stallone do atleast one more Rambo movie and use the movie perhaps to introduce a son that he didn't know about, or something, and have the son "carry on" the Rambo legacy in future movies, etc. I think I read they were thinking of doing something like this with the "Indiana Jones " movie series if, or when, Harrision Ford didn't want to do anymore.

Another thing to consider about this is that they would almost certainly have to have Stallone's approval or okay for anything as, if I am not mistaken, I think he owns the rights and everything connected with"Rocky" and "Rambo" too.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Rick » Tue May 4, '10, 11:00 pm

You know.. Sylvester has a son named Sage..

Sage Stallone could take up his father's work. He's kinda a younger version of Sylvester.

Stallone also has another son.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby Thoul » Wed May 5, '10, 12:47 am

Yup, they could make good choices to continue one of his roles. Sage was in one of Sylvester's movies already, wasn't he?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed May 5, '10, 2:23 am

Thoul wrote: Sage was in one of Sylvester's movies already, wasn't he?

Yes, Sage was in "Rocky V", I believe, and he did a fantastic acting job as Rocky's son in the movie. I wish they had brung him back for the next Rocky movie which was "Rocky Balboa", but they had another actor playing the role.

Besides his sons, Stallone also has several daughters too.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed May 5, '10, 2:28 am

Ah, Rocky V. I was pretty sure it was one of the Rocky movies.

Hm. Maybe Rambo should have a daughter instead of a son? That could break from the expected routine and make for some interesting stories.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Feature Films